Bungie's Destiny is easily one of the most popular titles, especially for its dedicated online content. While the company kicked off things in style this year with the release of the much-awaited House of Wolves expansion, we are looking ahead to the upcoming The Taken King expansion.
Destiny's The Taken King DLC was officially revealed at this year's E3 and will be released on consoles and PC on 15 September.
Here's a first look at The Taken King DLC and everything that fans can expect from the new expansion.
Destiny Taken King DLC – First Look
- If House of Wolves' lack of a new Raid put you down, know that the new The Taken King expansion won't have any such issues as a boatload of details for the expansion have already been confirmed.
- Players who are already accustomed to the game's first ever expansion, The Dark Below, will remember defeating Crota, Son on Oryx in the Raid that was offered with the expansion.
- While the DLC is indeed official, details are few and far. However, expect a host of new weapons, items and enemies with The Taken King DLC.
- As far as we know, there will be added campaign missions, new maps for the Crucible and more quests, not to mention a full batch of new gear going up for grabs.
- The Taken King expansion is set to stand apart from all the previous DLCs released for the game with the introduction of three new sub-classes, each of which will be decorated with new and distinctive super abilities.
- For the time being, all that we know is few of these supers will include a sort of flaming hammer that will be good for both close quarter and range combats, new electric storm for Warlocks and a bow that uses void energy in aid of Hunters.
- As far as the new Raid is concerned, the main bad guy will be Oryx. Currently, he's based in his mega Dreadnaught ship, parked in the solar system like a boss.
That's all for now, folks. Stay tuned for more updates!