Bungie's Destiny has offered fans hours of intense yet enjoyable gameplay experience since the time it was officially released, and now we await the upcoming Taken King DLC for the game. However, for the time being, we are stuck to the previously released House of Wolves DLC for the game and reaping the most out of it.
There's a lot to do and see in the House of Wolves DLC for Destiny fans, with fans now being redirected to the new Reef for all the missions and a chance to access the unlockables in the game. One such unlockable is the Lord of Wolves Shotgun that can be accessed via the Elder Cipher Exotic Bounty.
So if you are wondering how to unlock the Lord of Wolves Shotgun in House of Wolves, via the aforementioned Elder Cipher Exotic Bounty, here's a guide that will make your search specific and easy.
Destiny House of Wolves – How to Get Lord of Wolves Shotgun
- As mentioned earlier, in order to get the Lord of Wolves Shotgun, you will first require the Elder Cipher Exotic Bounty. The bounty can be obtained by killing the final boss in either the level 34 or 35 Prison of Elders, although there's no guarantee.
- There are chances that you may kill the boss several times and even then not get it. Still, this remains probably the best bet to get your hands on the Lord of Wolves.
- It's also important to note that players will require an open Bounty slot for this one, as it will not be available to the Postmaster – only by killing the final boss – and not from the Treasure Room. This means that players won't require a specific Treasure Key to access the Elder Cipher Exotic Bounty.
- Once the bounty is obtained, players will need to take it to Variks at The Reef and have him look at it. There, he will tell the player to choose between the three weapons, although that won't be the player's final decision.
- If the player ever changes his or her mind, they can choose a different weapon going ahead. However, our main concern for the time being is the Lord of Wolves Shotgun.
- Following this, the player can return to the Prison of Elders mode and play it out on level 32, 34 or 35. Here, the players will need a Treasure Key – the one for Queen's Cipher that can be found in the big chest in the Treasure Room at the end.
- Again, it's not a guaranteed drop. So if you don't get it, you'll have to play the Prison of Elders again and again until you do. But don't lose heart as there's the promised light at the end of the tunnel.
- From here, head back to the Reef and strike up a conversation with Variks one more time. Variks will ask you to wait, although it is to be noted that that waiting period differs from player to player. The best bet here is to keep checking the room from time to time.
- However, after the wait, when Variks finally summons the Guardian, he will have you complete one more task. The task in had will earn the player 1000 points in the Prison of Elders.
- If the player undertakes the mission from Variks and successfully completes it, he or she will stand a chance to claim the desired weapon on accumulating the maximum points out of running the mission again and again.
- When the player has accumulated the required points, he or she can then head back to The Reef and speak with Variks for one final time. There, Variks will allow the player to choose a gun, and players should successfully get their hands on the Lord of Wolves Shotgun.
Stay tuned for more updates.
[Source: Prima Games]