Bungie has released hot fix for Destiny that will be going live at 7am Pacific on 7 October 2014. Destiny services will be offline for several hours before the update, and players will not be able to play the game during that time.
Bungie said that the hot fix will bring about improvements to connectivity in Destiny, however, there will be no change in player experience. The new update will bring stability to users who had earlier complained of encountering issues server connection issues. Fixes are also part of the update that will see improvements in security, internal tools and Centipede errors.
Destiny was released on 9 September for PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
Below are the hot fix patch notes for Destiny (Bungie):
- Added more data logging for matchmaking systems
- Improved connectivity failure handling to reduce beaver (Kick To Orbit events) KTOs
- Improved logging of player disconnections
- Internal tools fixes to speed up our release process
- Fixes to the roster system to allow us to tune the frequency of roster updates on Xbox One
- Fixed a bug that allowed users to quick scope on some weapons
- Security fixes
- Server performance improvements
- Fixes to reduce the frequency of some KTOs
- Better logging to help diagnose connectivity problems
- Fixes to some Centipede errors that were exclusive to specific player characters
The Iron Banner Crucible Event Details
Bungie has posted on its official website that it will be conducting special events, called The Iron Banner Crucible Event, which will be running from 7-14 October 2014.
Players will be entering Crucible playlist and form a Fireteam with six Guardians. They have to prove themselves to respect the Lords of Iron.
To win, that weapons and armour ratings will be important for players for attack and defense. Thus players will have use their most powerful gear.
As with the special events before, players will have to work on the reputations too, the Iron Banner reputation.
- Unlocks Iron Banner Emblem and Shaders
- Emblem and Shader each provide stacking 10% boosts to Iron Banner reputation gains
- Unlocks Iron Banner Class Items
- Class Item provides stacking 10% boost to Iron Banner reputation gains
- Unlocks Iron Banner Armor Items
- Unlocks additional Iron Banner Emblems and Shaders
Players will be able to garner some exclusive Iron Banner rewards like Legendary weapons, armour, new items and more.
Meanwhile, Bungie has already said that it is thinking of bringing in match-making for Destiny Raids.