Destiny, the shooter gaming title from developer Bungie will be facing several hours of downtime on 13 November 2014.
Bungie said in a post on its official website that the outage will make way for the weekly update that is detailed below. During the downtime, players will not be able to play the game. In order to play Destiny, players will have to be connected to internet and to Destiny servers as well.
The downtime will begin from 8am Pacific time and might last till noon, "if all goes according to plan," said Bungie.
We'll repeat this in the morning, but we're taking Destiny offline for maintenance later this week. Details here... http://t.co/yaLrcgX5gA
— Bungie (@Bungie) November 12, 2014
Bungie has outlined that it will be bringing in new update to the Destiny. The update will include new shaders, exotic weapons, new gear, fixes, patches and more.
Below are the improvements that will be made to Destiny in the new update (Bungie):
- Channels for talking to matchmade teammates, if you so wish
- Exotic weapons that are stronger and more interesting to upgrade
- New gear to let you slip into something a little more legendary
- That which waits in The Dark Below
- New shaders for your gear
- Ways to preview items before you spend your Glimmer
- Greater chances of "showers" in public spaces
- Adjustments to some arenas that needed better traffic flow
- New economies to equip you with upgrade materials
- Fixes, patches, and other invisible technical evolutions
- Some other tricks up our sleeve
- Maybe even a more generous Cryptarch (he'll still be sort of a bastard)
Recently, many players of Destiny suffered match-making problems and IGN reported that many are still facing issues when they tried adding the statistics on the leaderboard.
The Dark Below, which will be the first expansion for Destiny will be rolling out on 9 December 2014 on all the consoles.