Gagan Narang's bronze medal-winning performance was the main highlight of day three at London Olympics 2012.
The ace shooter boosted the morale of the Indian camp on Monday by winning a bronze medal in men's 10m air rifle event with his total score of 701.1. The win was India's first medal in the ongoing London Olympics.
Here are the highlights of Tuesday's Olympics events:
- Tennis: Mahesh Bhupathi and Rohan Bopanna advance to the men's doubles pre-quarterfinals after beating Max Mirnyi and Alexander Bury of Belarus 7-6 (4), 6-7 (4), 8-6.
- Badminton: Saina Nehwal enters knockout stage of the women's singles competition by beating Belgium's Lianne Tan 21-4, 21-14 in the group stage.
- Tennis: Leander Paes and Vishnu Vardhan beat Robin Haase and Jean-Julien Rojer of Netherland 7-6 (1), 4-6, 6-2 in the first round match.
- Badminton: Jwala Gutta and Ashwini Ponnappa beat Chinese Taipei's Wen Hsing Cheng and Yu Chin Chien 25-22, 16-21, 21-18 in a group B match.
- Shooting: Abhinav Bindra, who won gold at the Beijing Olympics 2008, failed to qualify for the final in men's 10m air rifle round.
- Archery: Lakshmi Bombayla Devi entered last 16 by beating Psarra Evangelia of Greece 6-4 but crashed out after losing 93-107 to Mexico's Aida Roman in the women's individual archery event.
- Tennis: Vishnu Vardhan lost 6-3, 6-2 to Slovenia's Blaz Kavcic in the first round.
- Boxing: Sumit Sangwan lost 14-15 to Yamaguchi Falcao Florentino of Brazil in the round of 32 of 81kg category.
- Hockey: India lost 3-2 to Netherlands
Highlight of Day 1 and Day 2 at the the London Olympics:
- Archery: Women's archery team lost to Denmark 211-210.
- Badminton: Thomas Laybourn/Kamilla Rytter Juhl (Denmark) beat Jwala Gutta/V Diju (India) 21-12 21-16.
- Boxing: Vijender Singh beat Danabek Suzhanov (Kazakhstan) 14-10.
- Boxing: Jai Bhagwan beat Andrique Allisop (Seychelles) 18-8.
- Rowing: Swarn Singh Virk in quarterfinal of Lightweight Double Sculls.
- Rowing: Sandeep Kumar/Manjeet Singh qualify for repechage event.
- Shooting: Heena Sidhu and Annu Raj Singh failed to qualify for women's 10m air pistol event.
- Boxing: Shiva Thapa lost 9-14 to Mexico's Oscar Valdez Fierro in the first round of the bantam weight boxing event.