Prolific custom ROM developers, CyanogenMod team has released the new 11.0 M9 series firmware to the Android devices.
The team has also announced that the newly released 11.0 M9 version software will also be compatible with Xperia Z2, Z2 Tablet and the HTC One M8.
"This release marks the first ever (non-nightly) release for the Xperia Z2 'sirius', Xperia Z2 Tablets 'castor' and the HTC One 'm8′ – kudos to their maintainers and all the other maintainers that bring you these releases every month!", said the CyanogenMod team via its official company blog.
According to the change log released, the CyanogenMod 11.0 M9 will bring more UI improvements, bug fixes, performance enhancing tweaks and customization options such as-
- Double-tap to sleep when using secure keyboard
- Center clock support
- Performance improvement in 'Torch'
- Safe headset volume prompt option (when interfering with third party device- Jawbone, Square, etc)
- Additional Proximity wake-up support option prevents accidental wake-up of the device (when kept in bag or pocket), by using sensor.
- Spam notification filtering
- Data usage info (additional support for CDMA devices without SIM cards)
- Additional improvements and highlighting option for 'Settings' search
- Bluetooth improvements (adds A2DP profiles)
- AVRCP 1.5 disable default option introduced for Bluetooth feature to fix various car unit compatibility issues
- New Email - with a fix for saving attachments to storage for POP3 (Post Office Protocol) accounts
- Translation options (developed by CM Crowdin Team)
- Fix for encryption on some LG devices
- Bug fix in Heads Up Notification feature
- Dialer – add support for Korean and Chinese to smart-dialer
[Users interested in installing CyanogenMod custom ROM to their Android devices, click here]