Online racing video game The Crew, from developer Ivory Tower and publisher Ubisoft, received a new expansion â€” The Crew: Wild Run â€” in November 2015. Now, the studio has released details of new content and features that will be part of January update.
This will be the first major patch arriving on The Crew: Wild Run. The company has not given out the release date, but has stated it is coming "very soon."
The patch notes promise a new Speed Trap challenge, a new game feature that will roll out on 25 January. This feature will let players "find the best path to pass the radar points with the maximum speed. The final score is the player's average speed from all the radar points."
Further explaining the Speed Trap challenge in another post, the company said these challenges would be set on asphalt. There will be five speed traps over the area. The players will have about five minutes to find a better route to cross the traps and it must be done at high speed.
This challenge will not let players use the fast-travel feature.
The new patch will also bring the Photo mode feature that will allow the players to take in-game screenshots and can be activated anywhere in the FreeDrive.
"The Summit" is a monthly reward bonus event that will let players win one exclusive vehicle. The new patch will see the addition of a bonus chance over the player's performance.
- Participation qualifiers throughout the month will award players with a +5% bonus chance of winning the exclusive vehicle for the month.
- This +5% bonus will be granted whether you achieve bronze, silver, gold, or platinum medals in any qualifier.
Here are the improvements and fixes that will be part of the first patch for The Crew: Wild Run (The Crew Game):
- Monster Trucks gameplay
Monster trucks have received several adjustments to improve gameplay mechanics during the monster arena challenges. New tricks and combos have been introduced, and the scoring system has been tuned as well.
- Crew time attack missions
The forced crew missions in qualifiers and "The Summit" can also now be launched in a crew of two or three players.
- Drift missions
The scoring system has been reworked during drift missions. Players who are able to perform long drifts will now be rewarded with even more points.
- Improved handling for several vehicles
- Chevrolet Camaro RS 1969 FULL STOCK/STREET/PERF/CIRCUIT/DIRT/RAID
- 2012 Grand Cherokee SRT8 FULL STOCK/STREET/DIRT
- Chevrolet Impala Sport Sedan 1967 FULL STOCK/STREET/PERF/CIRCUIT
- RUF 3400 K FULL STOCK/PERF/CIRCUIT/DIRT/RAID
- Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione FULL STOCK/PERF/CIRCUIT
- Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 FULL STOCK/PERF/CIRCUIT
- 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray FULL STOCK/PERF
- 2013 Chrysler 300 SRT8 FULL STOCK/STREET
- Improved handling when using driving wheels, manual gearbox and clutch.
- Fixed the spawning location of vehicles in some missions.