A study shows that tumour cells are dependent on fat to start metastasis: the process through which cancer spreads from one part of the body to another. It is one of the aspects of the disease that makes it so deadly – indeed, it is the reason behind 90% of human cancer deaths. The way in which cancer spreads is extremely complex.
Dec 7, 2016
The Chief Minister of the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu, Jayalalithaa Jayaram, has died at the age of 68. Also known as Amma (mother), she suffered a cardiac arrest on 4 December. She had been ailing in hospital since September. Jayalalithaa was a controversial figure with a string of corruption scandals throughout her political career. She served as Tamil Nadu Chief Minister three times.
Dec 6, 2016
- State Bank of India initiates largest recruitment drive since 2013, to fill 9,500 roles post-merger
- Union Budget 2018: What middle class and salaried people can expect?
- How Union Budget 2018-19 can help revive the Indian real estate industry
- GST rate cuts: What is cheaper, what is dearer
- Budget 2018: Experts speak on what Finmin must do for health, IT, realty and other key sectors