"Clash Royale," the mobile game from developer Supercell, received a new May update, which adds six new cards to the game and many other features.
Supercell released the notes for the May update on its blog post where it detailed that the update will bring six new cards like Fire Spirits (Common Card), Furnace (Rare Card), Guards (Epic Card), Lava Hound, Miner, Sparky (all three are Legendary Cards).
The May update also promises more rewards for players:
- Gold: Receive Gold for each win, even when your chest slots are full
- Crown Chest: Contains twice as much!
- Super Magical Chest: Chance to drop doubled!
- Giant and Magical Chests: Chance to drop increased!
- Donations/Requests: Increases as you reach higher Arenas
- Card Shop: Legendary Cards can appear once you've reached the Legendary Arena
- Maximum Gold: Increased to 1 million
Players can now throw confetti during Friendly Battles in their clans. The update offers the best battles from any Arena on TV Royale Channels.
The update also has some "cool stuff" like ability to copy others Battle Deck, ability to move cards inside the Battle Deck when they wobble (Battle Deck Reshuffling).
The game has got many new Clan badges. Following the new update, the gold cost of the cards in the Shop will now be increasing at linear fashion (i.e. 20, 40, 60). There will also be a 20-minute cooldown between kicking Clan members.
- Gold Economy: The developer reduced the amount of Gold each chest gives, but, there is a lot more Gold available overall with the addition of Gold for every win and double-sized Crown Chests!
- New Tournament Rules: Card level caps changed to 1, 4, 7, 9
- New Max Levels: Card level caps changed to 5, 8, 11, 13
- Card Balance: The developer re-balanced several cards
The update also includes the following balance changes:
- Mortar: Deployment time increased to 5 seconds (from 3 seconds), damage decreased by 10 percent.
- Bomb Tower: Lifetime decreased to 40 seconds (from 60 seconds)
- Elixir Collector: Hitpoints decreased by 20 percent
- Cannon: Hitpoints decreased by 11 percent
- Royal Giant: Range increased by 1
- Mirror: Common and Rare Cards mirrored 1 level higher
- Valkyrie and Mini P.E.K.K.A. will be affected more by Fireball
Other changes include:
- We [Supercell] fixed a bug where the handling of attack ranges wasn't consistent with different sized units. Due to this the range values will appear to be smaller than before for some units in the next update, but their ranges are all effectively the same as before.
- When two units with the same range encountered each other, they didn't always attack at the same time - this has been fixed.
- The King Tower's range appears to have been decreased, but it hasn't!
"Clash Royale" is a mash-up between a tower defence and card game.