"Clash of Clans," the popular tower defence video game from developer Supercell, has received a new Friendly Challenge update, which was also known as May update. This new update brings new content and balance changes in the game.
The Friendly Challenge update allows players to fight with their clanmates without expending their resources, troops or losing their trophies. Now, same clan members use Friendly Challenge as practise matches.
The update brings new content to "Clash of Clans" with two new troops like Miner at Town Hall 10 and Baby Dragon at Town Hall 9. It also brings two new spells Clone Spell at Town Hall 10 and a new Dark Spell, Skeleton Spell, at Town Hall 9. The Skeleton Spell allows players to call an army of Skeletons to the battlefield.
Here are the full patch notes of the new update for "Clash of Clans" (Supercell Forum):
Balancing and Update News:
Much of the balancing this update is coming in the form of new levels and smaller tweaks.
Town Hall 11
- Cannon level 14
- Lava Hound level 4
- Balloon level 7
In Town Hall 11, air armies have dwindled in popularity. These new levels should help revitalise high-level air armies while helping to defend against the ground rush.
Town Hall 10+
- Bowler housing space reduced to 6
Bowlers just didn't seem to be providing enough value for eight housing space unit, and the bulky size made him a tough fit in a well-rounded army.
Town Hall 7+
- Spring Trap levels 2-5
New Spring Trap levels with minor capacity increases will help catch additional units from time to time. They might even catch an extra Valkyrie!
- Edit Mode tools: A bunch of features added to make editing layouts easier
- Donate fully trained Troops/Spells from production queues even if your army is full
- Drag troops/spells anywhere into a training queue - training progress is transferred
- Gem Troops/Spells for donation directly from the donation context menu
- War Logs for any Clan can now be publicly viewed, unless disabled in Clan settings
- Builder Suggestions: Tap Builder Info to see and select suggested upgrades to perform
- Live spectator count is now shown during attack - see how many others are watching!
- Chat stream revamped with built-in Request button
- New Troop: Miner at Town Hall 10
- New Troop: Baby Dragon at Town Hall 9
- New Spell: Clone Spell at Town Hall 10
- New Dark Spell: Skeleton Spell at Town Hall 9
Apart from the new update that was released on May 25, Supercell also released an optional update that promises to fix several bugs like those relating to app crashes, visual bug, global chat issues and more.
- War details not showing for War Spectators;
- App crashes caused by receiving Friendly Challenge messages when in Matchmaking or moving to-from Village;
- League badge not shown in Friends list;
- Visual bug in Player Profile: Clone Spell located between Dark Elixir Spells;
- Global chat issues (items displayed in wrong order after muting a player);
- Edit mode: "move all"-crash when removing obstacles that are blocking the village from being moved;
- "You forgot to train your troops/brew spells" notifications are now set to 12h
- Fixed some texts in the news items