Update: Supercell, has announced that it is back from maintenance that was aimed at " fixing some bugs that occurred during the update." Players can now play the game unhindered.
Clash of Clans, the freemium strategy game from Supercell, will be getting a new update. This will see the addition of new features. The update will be out on 30 April, 2015.
The new update that will see the game getting a new anti-air defence system – The Air Sweeper – that will push back groups of flying enemies. This will slow down the progress of air attacks. This defence unit be unlocked at Town Hall 6. Some players are not really enthused by this new air defence unit.
Now players will be able to bookmark a clan for later viewing, with up to 30 clans that can be bookmarked.
Players can now go in an army preview before any clan war attack. Supercell will also be bringing improvements and changes to the interface in clan chat, defence ranges, defence modes and defence buildings. Players will also be able to make a one-time change in the name.
Apart from the ones mentioned above, there will be gameplay improvements and changes in Matchmaking.
Presently however, the game is down for maintenance, but will be back shortly, says a post in the official Facebook page.
Below are the details of the features in the new update for Clash of Clans (Supercell Forum):
New anti-air defense: The Air Sweeper
- Push back groups of flying enemies with strong blasts of air!
- Air Sweepers deal no damage, but are great at slowing the progress of air attacks
- Air Sweepers can only face one way, but can be rotated to a direction of your choosing
- Unlocked at Town Hall 6, Air Sweepers gain more pushing strength when upgraded
- Bookmark any Clan for later viewing using the '+' icon on any Clan profile page
- You can bookmark up to 30 Clans and view them under a new tab next to your profile
Clan War attack army preview
- Never attack unprepared again! Your army is now previewed before every war attack
- Inspect your troops, Clan troops, spells and heroes - anything missing will be flagged red
- Be ready or be sorry! You can no longer end war attacks early without surrendering
- Starting at Town Hall 5, a one-time name change will become available in the game settings - use it wisely!
- Clan chat now shows when Clan settings are changed, indicating who changed them
- Defense ranges can now be seen even when the defense is under construction
- Defense modes can now be changed even when the defense is under construction
- Defensive buildings now initially point away from the TH in combat, EXCEPT for the Air Sweeper, which always points in its configured direction
- Attacking troops will not start chasing defending troops as far away as they used to
- Fixed a very rare case where a defense might target a troop at the edge of its range, but not fire
- Loot values for many lower level single player maps have been improved, along with some slight layout tweaks and surprises
- You are now more likely to find targets at or near your Town Hall level in multiplayer matchmaking
- Strength calculations have been updated in Clan Wars matchmaking to compensate for high level walls and heroes, skeleton traps, etc.
- (Already released in the 2x Clan XP event) Clan Wars matchmaking now prefers to wait a bit longer and try to find a bit better match