The excitement of players on the release of Havoc DLC for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare was short-lived as issues cropped up, pushing Xbox Live into Limited Service status. The issues have not been fixed as yet. Microsoft and publisher Activision are aware of the issues and are reportedly working on it.
Havoc DLC brings with it four new MP maps, one new weapon, weapon variants and Exo Zombie survival mode. The DLC was released on 27 January, 2015, for Xbox One and Xbox 360. The update weighs a staggering 1.7GB.
Soon after its release many players started off with the DLC, but some were not able to install the Exo Zombies mode - a new feature that had zombies who can jump higher, making them more deadly. This new feature was added following the popular zombie DLC in previous versions of the Call of Duty franchise.
Xbox Support updated its status advicing members that if they get the message saying: "A downloadable content package was removed or all profiles are signed out", they will have to "allow the free DLC 'Compatibility Pack 1' to be downloaded and installed". It goes on to explain the process on how to do this.
The issues have persisted for a longer duration than many anticipated, as the DLC caused overloading of the system.
How to Fix Exo Zombie Error
A fix has been suggested by thetechgame (via Advanced Warfare) for players who are getting the error message, "A downloadable content package has been removed or all profiles have been signed out".
STEP 1: Just sign into an account with no gold and not registered to Xbox live
STEP 2: Load up exo zombies
STEP 3: Press Xbox live and when it says need Xbox live, switch to your actual account
The above steps have worked for many users, the post claims.
Prior to the release of the Havoc DLC, developer Sledgehammer Games released a Game Update for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Below we shared the full patch notes of the update (Call of Duty Community):
Game Update: Xbox One; (PlayStation 4 & PC pending first party approval)
- Adjusted the center point of some sniper scopes.
- Fixed a rare crash issue when switching profiles for guest users.
- Fixed a rare crash issue when using camos on a weapon.
- Fixed the sound of the SAC3 with the Suppressor Attachment to not play in stereo to all players on the map.
- Various matchmaking and connectivity improvements.
- Fixed issue where announcer's voice ignores the in-game option to disable it.
- Fixed a rare issue when the Riot Shield would not be selected when changing classes.
- Various adjustments to the Riot Shield; including model popping up at random, mantling onto, jumping off from, and interaction with grenades.
- Fixed an exploit of rapidly firing a bolt action gun while sprinting.
- Adjusted the time limit expiration for Red Baron gear after challenge has been completed.
Weapon Balancing Updates (Note: Adjustments affect base weapon and all loot variants):
- HBRa3: max damage range increased
- AE4: reduce recoil, increase number of shots before overheating
- EPM3: reduce recoil
- Tac-19: max damage range increased, reduced spread when using Gung-Ho
Security and Anti-Cheat Updates:
- Added security updates and features.
- Fixed a rare issue when Supply Drops would not open.
- Adjusted kill feed speed.
- Adjusted UI of Exo Abilities descriptions for better readability.
- Fixed an issue where the default player was not always being displayed properly in the Virtual Lobby.
- Fixed a rare issue where the player is unable to sign into their Call of Duty account if connection is interrupted.
- Added confirmation window when kicking a member from a clan.
- Fixed a rare issue where Clan Wars Bonus XP was not being awarded.
- Fixed an issue where clan members could see your presence even if you were set to appear offline.
- Fixed various issues with players not having access to the AE4 with the Season Pass.
- Fixed an issue where an item was not being marked "Purchased" in the in-game store after installing.
- Improvements to the in-game Store UI and purchasing.
- Game will no longer prompt a player to install Atlas Gorge if they already have it.
- Fixed a rare issue with emblems on a second profile that's signed in a guest.
- Removed skull HUD element from System Hack Scorestreak UI effect.
- Adjusted the score value the System Hack Scorestreak.
- Adjusted the view of the XS1 Vulcan Killcam.
- Fixed a rare occurrence of the Goliath Drop Pod getting stuck after colliding with an air-based Scorestreak.
- Fixed a rare occurrence of the Orbital Care Package getting stuck after colliding with an air-based Scorestreak.
- Fixed a rare issue where a player could become "invisible" when calling in a Scorestreak.
- Fixed a rare issue where a players HUD would become blurry when using a co-op Scorestreak.
Ranked Play Updates:
- Adjusted Ranked Play restrictions to include Exo Stim and Exo Cloak.
- Improvements to party matchmaking.
- Fixed an issue when quitting a match in a promotional game where it wouldn't update correctly.
- Fixed an issue where there was an excessive penalty if a player quits after playing several rounds in a multi-round match.
- Added Ranked Play Division icons in-game to replace existing rank icons and text in scoreboard.
Game Mode Specific Updates:
- Adjusted various spawning logic for Capture the Flag game mode.
- Adjusted various spawning logic for Momentum game mode.
- Fixed issue where the CTF flag was unresponsive to players that were on top of the flag when it spawned.
- Fixed an issue with the CTF flag not returning if a player was standing on top of the spawn point.
- Addressed rare issue where CTF flag was not being returned immediately.
- Fixed issues with planting the bomb after attempting to swap weapons in Search and Destroy.
- Adjusted dynamic event timing in Search and Destroy & Search and Rescue.
- Adjusted various spawning logic for Uplink game mode.
- Uplink Satellite Drone now freezes when round timer ends.
- Adjusted passing distance for the Uplink Satellite Drone.
- Fixed an issue where going out of bounds on certain areas of the map would cause the Uplink Satellite's physics to behave strangely upon reset.
- Randomized loadouts to survivors in Infected.
Map Specific Updates:* Fixed an issue where players were able to exploit certain objects to go Out of Map. * Fixed various Out of Map exploits across different multiplayer maps. * Fixed an issue where the Uplink Satellite Drone could get stuck in blue barrier on the Detroit map. * Adjusted Warbird flight path on Atlas Gorge.
Exo Survival Updates:
- Updated various Exo Survival system mechanics and bugs.
- Fixed a UI issue where the "Reviving" progress bar was not being displayed while under the effects of a "System Hack."
- Fixed problems caused by the player disconnecting the controller before the class selection menu pops up.
- AI will no longer target a player while in the class selection menu.
Single Player / Campaign Updates:
- Fixed various lighting in the Single Player campaign level, Captured.
Fans React to the Game Update
Players have shared their disappointment on the Reddit forum discussion thread about different things in the new Game Update. Below are some the excerpts of what they said:
- Disappointed in the lack of weapon balancing in an overall sense.
- I hope they fix the scoring for dom.
- Popular Map Glitches were not fixed.
- This is complete garbage. I hope this is some glitch and they are patching them in today, probably wishful thinking.
- I'm not able to use personalisation packs, even though I bought two of them and installed them
- Sideshow is a terrible, terrible map. Prepare to get shot from people hiding at every conceivable angle.
- You can't pause in solo.
In December 2014, when Activision released the AE4 Widowmaker for the game, many players were unable to download it for more than a week. This seems to be a continuation of that problem.
How to Get CEL-3 Cauterizer Wonder Weapon
Players on Call of Duty: Advanced Weapon's Havoc DLC will be able to lay hands on a new weapon, the CEL-3 Cauterizer Wonder Weapon.
This is an exclusive weapon in the Exo Zombies mode of Havoc DLC. Its functions are similar to a shot gun with a high-tech edge and fires single shots that blasts any zombie that comes in its firing range.
One of the easiest ways for players to lay their hands on the weapon is to "pick it up for free (at random) from a 3D printer in the Outbreak map. It depends on the luck of the draw," says Gameranx.
If players are lucky to get it then they can upgrade the weapon for up to 20 times to Mark 20 (Mk. 20) using the 3D Printer; however, one has to shell out 2,500 each time. These upgrades will lead to the increase in the size of the magazine from 16 to 24 shots.
Below is a video that will lead players to know how to get the weapon in a more detailed manner:
(YouTube Courtesy: Arekkz Gaming)