Developer Sledgehammer Games has released a new update for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, which aims to add new fixes and Supply Drop Daily Challenges to the game.
The update also has a host of features that make the gameplay smoother. One of the issues troubling players was the game's matchmaking, the update brings improvements to this too. Others like connectivity, unlocking and map exploits have been addressed too.
The update also has a security feature, playlist menu, sorting of character gear and customization menu. The Supply Drop challenges will mean players will be finding challenges on the Find Match menu and Challenges menu each day. Completing such a task will mean players will be able to access various rewards like weapons, helmets, armour, loadouts and exoskeletons.
It also fixes issues in the Clan Wars Bonus XP eSports Broadcaster HUD. The update was released on 18 December for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms.
Advanced Warfare was released on 4 November, 2014, for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
Below are the full patch notes of update for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Call of Duty Community):
- Fixed unlocking issues with the AE4 for Digital Edition owners that own Season Pass. (Xbox only)
- Matchmaking improvements.
- Connectivity improvements.
- Removed skull HUD element from System Hack Scorestreak UI effect.
- Adjusted the score value the System Hack Scorestreak.
- Increased the timing between kills to count Multikills.
- Addressed rare issue where CTF flag was not being returned immediately.
- Fixed rare crash issue when switching profiles.
- Adjusted the time limit expiration for Red Baron gear after challenge has been completed.
- Fixed various out of map exploits.
Security and Anti-Cheat Updates:
- Updated Security features.
- Updated base AE4 icon as it was displaying the AE4 Widowmaker weapon.
- Updated Playlist Menu.
- Fixed issues with localization copy in the in-game store.
- Updated sorting of Character Gear within Customization menu.
- Added new Supply Drop Daily Challenges.
- Fixed an issue where Clan Wars Bonus XP was not being awarded.
Broadcaster UI Updates:
- Addressed rare issue with eSports Broadcaster HUD disappearing.
Ranked Play Updates:
- Addressed issue where Join Session in progress in Ranked Play was still active.
- Addressed issue where players where dropping multiple divisions after a match in Ranked Play.
- Addressed rare issue with wins counting as losses in Ranked Play.
Zombie Mode Details
Sledgehammer has released a teaser trailer for the Exo Zombies in Advanced Warfare. The mode has a new breed of zombies that will add horror.
The trailer gives us a back story to the entry of the zombies. A DNA bomb has been detonated by killing people and leaving more people mutated. The game will allow four role plays of actors John Malkovich, Bill Paxton, Rose McGowan and Jon Bernthal.
These four are the members of the military corporation Atlas and they are not properly trained or prepared for such a zombie outburst.
Some of the zombies will have the exoskeleton and exojump features. A closer look at the zombies will also see different categories, this is noticeable when one observes their eyes, there are zombies with green eyes, yellow eyes and red eyes.
YouTuber Ali-A analyses the teaser trailer and says that in one of the frames there is a small map layout and it does not look like anything that has appeared before.
Exo Zombies will be releasing with the Havoc DLC that will be rolling out in January 2015. Players can buy it individually by paying $15.
Previous zombie mode in Activision games has included actors like Ray Liotta, Chazz Palminteri, Joe Pantoliano and Michael Madsen.
(YouTube Courtesy: CALLOFDUTY)