2K Games announced the launch of $100,000 Loot Hunt, an in-event that offers players a chance to win $100,000 cash with in-game and real-world prizes. The event will open on Oct 11 and end on Nov 7.
When the event begins, players of Borderlands 2 will be shown a special daily target where they can take down daily targets once a day for a total of 28 entries, GameSpot reported.
Players interested in the loot hunt can log in at Borderlands2loothunt.com with SHiFT account. Players will also be offered community goals where they may be rewarded with a "uniquely super-awesome gun" if they reach the amount of cumulative kills specified.
The cash prizes include grand prize of $50,000 and other smaller prizes like:
- PlayStation Vita handheld entertainment systems with copies of Borderlands 2 Vita once released
- Customized Borderlands 2 XP SEVEN headsets from Turtle Beach
- Nvidia Shield PC Streaming setup with a custom painted Tiki PC by Falcon Northwest
- Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti GFX cards.
- Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition Strategy Guides by BradyGames
- Lifetime supplies of all 2K titles on Steam -- past, present, and future
"Claptrap serves as the master of ceremonies for this grand Loot Hunt, but each week a new friendly face from Borderlands 2 will dish out daily targets that loot hunters can take down to enter themselves into the sweepstakes," said Randy Pitchford, president of Gearbox Software in a press statement.
However, the cash and sponsored prizes are only available for players in US and worldwide players can participate in the community-based goals, the company said.
Borderlands 2 was released in Sept 18, 2012 for PC, Mac, PlayStation Vita, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Since its release it has sold more than seven million units.?
Borderlands 2's Game of the Year Edition is scheduled for a release on Oct 8 for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
(YouTube Courtesy: 2KGames)