Supercell released The Grenadier Awakens update some days back for its free strategy mobile game Boom Beach.
The new update introduces a new unit that will bring huge devastation to the enemy forces when used. It will also allow the Leaders and Officers in the game to use the intel to sabotage. The update also boasts a new batch of Power Bases and NPC levels.
It also brings huge improvements to the gameplay and UI with new animations and more. The update also includes a bonus material where players beating an operation Terror Stage 20 or Lt. Hammerman will hear a new epic sound.
Many of the buildings will see upgrading and it will also have newer invasion and destruction animation.
Boom Beach was releasd on 26 March 2014 for iOS and Android platforms. The game is set in a tropical archipelago.
Below are the full patch notes for Boom Beach's new update (Supercell Forum):
• The Grenadier! A powerful ranged unit that deals area damage, rather inaccurately (available at HQ 16)
• Leaders and Officers can spend Intel to sabotage (destroy) random defensive buildings in Task Force operations
• Added a fresh batch of new Power Bases and NPC levels
• Dr. Terror's Wednesday event Statues have been weakened
• More consistent invasions
• Operations will display "too easy", "easy", "normal", "hard" or "impossible" based on your Task Force's strength
• Old Flare timers are hidden when a new Flare is used
• Gunboat ability timers don't stack on top of each other anymore
• After maintenance, you can't attack player bases or Resource Bases for a short while
• You now get one extra guaranteed Power Stone Crystal after beating Terror Stage 19
• Changed VP reward to give Shards instead of Crystals
• Leaving a Task Force at any point during an operation will make you ineligible for the OP reward
Things that look cooler:
• A captured Blackguard freighter delivers your OP reward
• Power Core and Power Cell destruction effects have been amped up
• Gears and fans have been turned on in operation levels
• New invasion and destruction animations on the map
• New attack in progress animations on the operations map
• New look for several building upgrade levels: HQ (4, 5, 6, 17), Quarry (2, 4, 5), Iron Mine (2, 3, 5, 9), Sawmill (7, 8, 9), Sculptor (1, 2, 3, 4, 5), Cannon (11) and Rocket Launcher (7)
• New invasion information can be found on the Radar info screen at level 6
• Previous operations can be viewed from the operations map
• Activity Log now shows Dive Location spawns
• Visit Task Force members' bases from the chat
• Check out potential recruits' bases from their join requests
• See which Task Forces your friends are in from the Friends tab
• Attacker's name is now shown when watching a replay or spectating
• Confirmation check before committing to your Task Force attack
• Epic win sound plays when you beat an operation, Terror Stage 20 or Lt. Hammerman
Bugs Fixed after Maintenance
Supercell has released fixes for the following bugs:
- Sabotage Bug
- Profanity Filter Bug
- Task Force Bug