Blackberry has started rolling out its latest OS 10.3.2.281 as a part of BlackBerry 10.3 Beta program. Available currently for Beta Program users, the update is meant for Blackberry Passport, BlackBerry Classic, Z10, Q5 and Q10 smartphones.
The new OS version features numerous features and bug fixes, but still has a few hiccups which might get fixed with the final release.
Meanwhile, please have a look at the key features of the new upgrade.
The new edition introduces Anti-Theft Protection featuring ability to remotely lock, wipe and recover a device by logging into BlackBerry Protect. Any BlackBerry 10 device can only be recovered this way after the upgrade.
The new update will introduce stronger encryption while browsing through BlackBerry 10 smartphones. With the new update, the browser will feature Anti-Phishing for securer transactions and Private Browsing Mode for protecting Identity Theft.
With the new update, the BlackBerry hub will be able to open the associated email while viewing an attachment and also be able to bulk clear recent contacts.
The updated calendar will allow users to grow or shrink numbers based on how busy the user is during work hours. However, this feature will work with month-view only. The new update will also allow users to add time zone previews while creating or editing an event.
S/MIME Support for ActiveSync
The OS 10.3.2.281 update will also allow you to import your S/MIME certificate into your certificate store and manage your secure email settings in the BlackBerry Hub.
Next Generation Enterprise Connectivity
The upcoming update will also improve device performance and protocol for behind-the-firewall access. This feature will require BES 12.2 connection though.
Along with the above-mentioned features, the latest update will allow users to interact with the timer and will come preloaded with Amazon shopping app, new lockscreen animation and a lot more.
The Blackberry forum CrackBerry has mentioned few known issues about this update too.
- [Clock] Alarm may reset randomly to a different time, recurrence may toggle and description may appear corrupt
- [Clock] Alarm configured via BlackBerry Intelligent Assistant did not go off at the configured time
- [Clock] After snoozing the alarm, the Clock application buttons may display in the bedside mode
- [Hub] Hub settings may not be retained after an update from BlackBerry 10 OS v10.3.1 to 10.3.2
- [Hub] If the device's font size is larger than 14, speed triage actions may action the incorrect item
- [Input] It may take longer than usual to input text after starting the device
- [Active Frames] Content in minimized apps may appear distorted and stretched
- [NFC] If bed time mode is enabled while an NFC Card Transaction occurs, the payment is received by the selector dialog is placed underneath the clock
- [Boot Up] Boot time can take up to ten minutes in some cases.