Black Friday is one of the most awaited events in the US when deals are at their best. Amazon, however, kick-started the sale early in an attempt to gain an edge over other retail titans in the country. The online marketplace launched "Black Friday Deals Store" and "Electronics Holiday Gift Guide" on Monday to enable shoppers to take advantage of the thousands of deals and discounts.
Black Friday is popular in the US and Canada, where retailers compete to offer the best discounts across the board. Every year, Black Friday is celebrated on the day after the Thanksgiving Day, which is the fourth Thursday of November. This year, Black Friday sale will be held on 27 November and sales are expected to start late midnight or as early as 8 am.
Amazon has been an active participant in Black Friday each year and the retailer is upping the ante this year by celebrating Black Friday during the entire month. The Black Friday Deals store will be open through 22 December this year.
"Shoppers come to Amazon to discover the best deals on the best gifts and this year, we're pulling out all of the stops. We're giving Prime members early access to more than 30,000 Lightning Deals and for all customers, tens of thousands of great deals in the Black Friday Deals store. With incredible deals, fast delivery options, curated lists like our Electronics Holiday Gift Guide, gift recommendations, customer reviews and more, we're making it easier than ever for customers to save time and money on their holiday shopping," Steve Shure, Vice President at Amazon Consumer Marketing, said in a press release.
Amazon also listed a few Black Friday deals. These include:
- 30% off Sony XBR55X900C 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD TV with a Blu-ray Player
- $170 off the Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Power Zoom Lens
- 47% off Jaybird X Sport Bluetooth Headphones
- Optoma HD37 Full 3D 1080p 2600 Lumens DLP Home Cinema Projector for less than $800
- 40% off select Frye shoes, handbags, accessories and luggage/travel for men and women
- 40% off select toys from top construction brands including K'NEX, Tegu, and Magformer
- Up to 50% off select Home Automation products
- 20% or more off select Wilton and Pyrex bakeware products
- Deals from top Kitchen brands including Rubbermaid, KitchenAid, Paderno, and Instant Pot
- $10 off select $50 Black & Decker product purchases
- Up to 50% off hundreds of PetSafe items
Amazon also hosts what it calls the Lightening deals, which last for 10 minutes. So keep an eye out on Amazon.com/blackfriday to make the most of the discounts.