2013 has been a good year for Bollywood with six films crossing ₹100 crore mark, two of which earned more than ₹200 crore. At least one more is expected to join ₹100-crore club before the year comes to an end, as Vijay Krishna Acharya's film, "Dhoom 3" starring Aamir Khan and Katrina kaif is expected to do well at the box office.
Here is the list of biggest grossers of 2013 at the domestic box office (till the date of filing this story) according the figures given by Bollywood Hungama.
1) "Krrish 3": Produced and directed by Rakesh Roshan, "Krrish 3" earned ₹25.50 on the opening day and went on to beat "Chennai Express" lifetime collection of ₹227 crore at domestic box office. It has collected ₹242.82 and still counting. The superhero film features Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra, Vivek Oberoi and Kangna Ranaut in the lead roles.
2) "Chennai Express": Featuring Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone in the lead role, "Chennai Express" broke many records, including the biggest opener ever in Bollywood with ₹33.12 crore and fastest film to cross ₹100-crore mark and ₹200-crore mark. It was the highest grosser in India until "Krrish 3" crossed the figure. The lifetime earning of the film stands at ₹227.13 crore.
3) "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani": Directed by Ayan Mukerji and starring Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone in the lead roles, "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" collected ₹19.45 crore on the opening day and went on to collect ₹188.57 crore. It is the third biggest grossing film of the year after "Krrish 3" and "Chennai Express".
4) "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag": Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's directorial based on the life of "The Flying Sikh" Milkha Singh earned ₹8.65 crore on the opening day and its life time collection stands at ₹108.93 crore. The film featured Farhan Akhtar and Sonam Kapoor in the lead roles.
5) "Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-leela": Directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali and starring Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone, "Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-leela" (earlier titled "Ram-leela") earned ₹16 crore on the opening day. It has collected ₹100.2 crore is still counting as it is still running in the theatres. It could overtake "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" in a few days' time.
6) "Race 2": The action thriller directed by Abbas-Mustan was the first film to touch ₹100-crore mark this year. It earned ₹15.12 crore on the opening day and went on to collect ₹100.45 crore. The film featured Saif Ali Khan, John Abraham, Deepika Padukone, Jacqueline Fernandez, Ameesha Patel and Anil kapoor in the lead roles.