"Bigg Boss", one of India's most popular reality show is gaining momentum, and currently the show is making news for its celebrity contestants.
The controversial reality show features celebrity contestants who stay in the "Bigg Boss" house for three months. And for the ninth season of the reality show, a list of the contestants has been leaked online.
However, it looks like that the list is fake, as most of the contestants have denied that they will be participating in the show. As of now, only two contestants have confirmed signing the dotted line.
Housing.com co-founder and former CEO Rahul Yadav and "Bhaag Johnny" actress Mandana Karimi have been confirmed as the contestants of "Bigg Boss 9".
Apart from them, several other celebrities have been approached. Take a look at the contestants who have been approached and who rejected the show.
Radhe Maa: The controversial self-claimed god-woman Radhe Maa was approached for "Bigg Boss 9" as people wanted to see her in the reality show. However, Radhe Maa has rejected the offer because of her legal troubles.
Shivin Narang: The popular television hunk Shivin Narang, who was last seen in Star Plus' "Veera", was also approached for the show. However, the actor rejected the offer as he is busy with other projects.
"Bigg Boss is a good spicy show, but I have no intention of participating in it right now, as I am already busy with another show," Narang told Hindustan Times.
Shweta Basu Prasad: The "Makdee" actress, who was in news for the prostitution scandal, was reportedly approached for the reality show. But Shweta took to social media to clarify that she is not participating.
"No, I am not participating in Bigg Boss, please avoid pseudo news about it. Zero verification! (sic)," she posted on Facebook on Monday night.
Parth Samathan: "Kaisi Yeh Yaariyan" fame Parth was also approached but the actor turned down the offer because of his future projects.
Sana Saeed: The "Student Of The Year" actress, who made her television debut with a dance reality show, was apparently approached for the show. But Sana Saeed took to Twitter to give a hint that she will not be participating in the show.
Rashami Desai: "Uttaran" actor was named in the tentative list of the contestants; however, she clarified saying that she is not doing the show.
"I don't understand from where these rumours are coming from. My dates are already locked till January next year, so taking up this show is next to impossible," Rashami told Tellychakkar.com.
Asha Negi: The "Indian Idol Junior" host also said that she has not been approached for the reality show.
"From the last couple of years, I was getting approached but I am interested doing Bigg Boss. Interestingly this year I wasn't even approached, yet stories have been cropping up. I don't think I will ever do this show," she told Tellychakkar.com.
Rumours mills are also abuzz with the news that rapper Yo Yo Honey Singh has been approached, while Mohit Malhotra will participate in the show. But there is no official confirmation from the makers of "Bigg Boss 9".
Exclusive ! Mohit Malhotra will may be join #biggboss9 He was rejected last year for leaking info of his contract with bigg boss 8— BiggBossLiveNews (@BiggBossLatest) September 1, 2015
Also, rumours of Salman Khan returning as the host of the show have been doing the rounds, but there has been no confirmation on the same.