The war between Shilpa Shinde aka Angoori Bhabhi of "Bhabi ji Ghar Par Hai!" and the producers of the show took a nasty turn March 16, after production house Edit II sent a legal notice to the actress.
While Shilpa, who has stopped shooting for the show, has been vocal about her issues with the production house, the latter had maintained their silence for the longest time. However, Benaifer Kohli, who heads Edit II, has now opened up on the controversy.
Talking about the reports of Shilpa joining the cast of "The Kapil Sharma Show," Kohli said it was a breach of contract. "Since she is the one to repeatedly breach the contract, we have sent across a legal notice to her and we will take necessary actions against her as instructed by our team of lawyers," Kohli said, IANS reports.
Kohli added that Shilpa's fee had been raised twice on her demand ever since she had entered into an agreement with the production house in September 2014.
Shilpa had earlier expressed her disappointment with the production house claiming that the channel wanted her to sign an exclusive contract, which would refrain her from doing other shows. "She now wants to us to allow her to take up projects on competing channels. When it was pointed out that the contract clearly stated an 'exclusivity clause', she stated that she never had the intention of adhering to terms of exclusivity," Kohli said in reply to Shilpa's accusation.
Shilpa recently stopped shooting for the show after sending the production house a letter citing health issue and has asked them to find a replacement.
"We have heard from media reports that she is planning to take up another show to be broadcast on a competing channel in blatant breach of her contractual obligations. If she has stopped shooting with us citing health issue like migraine, then it's surprising that she is medically fit to consider taking up another show," Kohli added.