Upcoming FPS video game, Battlefield Hardline from developer Visceral Games is presently in beta for PlayStation 4 and PC.
Departing from previous Battlefield installments that were overtly military video games, Battlefield Hardline shifts the focus between military to police and pitches battles between the police Special Response Units and criminals.
The game will include game modes like Heist, Blood Money, Hotwire and Rescue. It will have both single player and multiplayer options. It will be released on 31 October for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.
Players have made good use of the beta version of the game and have uncovered hidden content in beta files. These hidden files include weapons, modes, sound files and names of the maps.
- M93R – Hand Gun
- M1911 – Hand Gun
- RS357 – Magnum
- MAC-10 – Personal Defense Weapon
- M240B – Light Machine-Gun
- SR-25 ECC – Designated Marksmen Rifle
- L96A1 – Bolt-Action Rifle
- SMAW – Launcher
- M18 – Smoke Grenade
Weapons that exist in the files and are not shown:
- Molotov – A carbon copy of BF4's incendiary grenade.
- Sticky Grenade – Can't be even equipped yet.
- C4 – Breaching charge
(YouTube Courtesy: Hattiwatti)
Apart from this, the YouTube user also revealed the names of some of the maps and game modes that are likely to be available in the final version of Battlefield Hardline:
- High Tension
- Desert 05
- Hollywood Hills
- Growhouse Eastside
- Turf War
- Blood Money
Additional information was mined from some of the audio files in the beta files by a Reddit user. These includes details on the game modes, maps and more.
- "Desert 05 – Hostage rescue (no offical map name so far) – Hostage rescue against gang running a methamphetamine lab. Full transcript available here"
- "Turf war on High Tension – most likely domination cameo as in recent interviews, Visceral employee said that as of now Conquest is not included in Hardline. Transcript of only audio file is available in above link."
- "Hostage sound files (mainly variations of words 'hey/over here/help me/' with one exception of 'Hey man cut me loose')"
- "Molotovs/incendiary – Sound files indicate the existence of incendiary bombs, whilst ingame weapon name states Molotov. Most likely will stay as incendiary as currently it uses BF4 incendiary grenade particle effects."
- "Map called 'growhouse' will have a levolution event with blowing up Van"
- "There is a single player level nicknamed 'Chop Shop,' which most likely is a warehouse raided by a player (it will end up in flames)."
- "Sound files containing impact sounds of empty 45 shell on various surfaces (nicknamed Distraction bullet) may indicate that SP has stealth mechanics."
- "If you're interested, here's a small package with mentioned audio files"
Dead Space Easter Egg
Thad Sasser, lead multiplayer designer at Visceral Games has revealed that there are Dead Space Easter Eggs in Battlefield Hardline. Dead Space was developed by Visceral Games.
"We got you covered. You're going to have to explore, but you might have some deep knowledge to find some of them, but we got some good stuff you," said Sasser to PlayStation Lifestyle when asked about the presence of Easter Eggs.