DICE's FPS title, Battlefield 4 gets its much awaited release date for Dragon's Teeth downloadable content (DLC). The DLC will be out on 15 July, said the developer. Dragon's Teeth will infuse new content, adding four new maps, a new vehicle, weapons and a game mode.
Dragon's Teeth is the fourth DLC pack that will let players battle against their rivals. But on the said date it will be available to Battlefield 4 Premium members only. There will be four new maps:
- Lumphini Garden: Cruise with fast-moving PWC's on the canals in the pristine park to get the upper hand.
- Pearl Market: Wage wars within the bustling alleyways and upon the rooftops of the marketplace.
- Propaganda: Fight among massive despotic monuments in the grey concrete battleground.
- Sunken Dragon: Battle between modern high rises as you wreak havoc in a floating restaurant or drain the lake opening up for a frontal vehicle assault.
These maps will provide players with new environments and a variety of gameplay. Players will be able to use five new weapons that will be making their debut. DICE is also offering an unlockable gadget titled, the Ballistic Shield.
Players will also get a new game mode, Chain Link, where they will be having squad battles and they must link the capture points to be victorious.
Players will be getting a vehicle, R.A.W.R, a remote controlled ground vehicle, and if you are doubting whether it is armed or not, then yes it is armed, said the post on the official blog.
Apart from the above, players will be treated to 10 new assignments and unique unlocks in the game.
It has to be noted that non-Premium members will be getting the game only on 29 July.
Meanwhile, DICE has also released patch for PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PlayStation3, PlayStation 4 platforms that are already live.
These bring in fixes relating to "general gameplay, graphics, modes, server support, user interface, vehicles and weapons."
A major fix will be for the Commander App. Below are the full patch notes for Battlefield 4 (Battlefield Blog):
- Various bug fixes.
- Addition of VOIP for Xbox One allowing tablet players to communicate to teammates via voice.
- Crash on Dawnbreaker fixed.
- Fix for an issue where players were able to duplicate Battle Pickups by repeatedly picking up a kit.
- Fix for an issue where field upgrades would stop working after one round when players had reached the max field upgrade level.
- Fix for a crash that could occur when a player left a round.
- Added a 15 seconds warm-up timer for all Official games (PC Only).
- Fix for an issue that prevented players to issue squad order around capture points during the sandstorm on Gulf of Oman.
- Fix for an issue where a squad leader would kick a member from the squad, but the slot wouldn't become available for others to join.
- Option added for double tap forward to sprint (when on foot).
- Fix for an issue where the player would get a water splash effect on the screen after crashing an EOD/MAV/SUAV into the water.
- Fix for an issue where Mantle users would receive a low frame rate when running the default Mantle multi-GPU settings.
- Added a competitive Obliteration game mode [Note: Server admins must set this up to get it running. Can only be used on non-official servers.]
- Fix for an issue where server administrators couldn't ban players that had clan tags (for PC).
- Server Browser support added to Squad Join.
- Fix for an issue where server administrators would be able to set password longer than the maximum allowed characters.
- Fix for an issue that could cause the game to freeze while in the My Rental Server menu.
- Fix for an issue where the Squad Join (Beta) feature wouldn't display squad members presence correctly (Not for PC).
- Added total team experience points to the end of round screen for the Capture the Flag game mode.
- Added user interface options for tweaking the ADS aiming sensitivity.
- Fix for an issue where the kill card wasn't displayed in some cases in Hardcore mode (to be included in next patch).
- Dog tags are rearranged in the kill cards so that the right one is not obstructed.
- Removed the boost button press to turn off boost for vehicles, boost should be turned off by releasing the accelerator, this makes it consistent with soldier sprint and helps using vehicle boost easier.
- Adjusted the PWC physics so that it drives/controls more nicely in all water levels.
- Option added for double tap forward to boost (when driving a vehicle).
- Fix for an issue where the flag would occasionally float in mid-air when players got out of vehicles while carrying the flag.
- Fix for an issue where a weapon would flail wildly after a player would die.
- Removed the 2nd set of shell that are visible in the speed loader when reloading the M412 revolver.
- Fix for the Hawk Shotgun missing "pump action" animation in 3rd person while crouching.
- Fix for RPG-7 rocket remaining visible in the launcher after the last shot is fired while zoomed in.
- Fixed the bipod animations for MTAR-21.
- Foregrip in 3rd person now has hand in the correct position on M416.
- Fix for a broken animation when switching to AWS as main weapon.