The excitement of seeing the "the Dark Knight" in action in Rocksteady's newest video game, Batman Arkham Knight, has left many a fans disappointed, mainly due to various issues cropping up with the PC edition of the game.
As promised earlier, the developer has come up with a new update that it says will be a solution for the time being for several issues such as crashing during the game exit, steam re-loading, disabling of rain and ambient occlusion.
This is the first update for the PC edition and is already available for download. Batman Arkham Knight hit the stores on 23 June for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.
Below are the fixes it has worked on for the new update (Community):
- Fixed a crash that was happening for some users when exiting the game
- Fixed a bug that disabled rain effects and ambient occlusion. We are actively looking into fixing other bugs to improve this further
- Corrected an issue that was causing Steam to re-download the game when verifying the integrity of the game cache through the Steam client
- Fixed a bug that caused the game to crash when turning off Motion Blur in BmSystemSettings.ini. A future patch will enable this in the graphics settings menu
Meanwhile, while thanking the fans, Rocksteady assured them that it has been working on performance issues being faced by the players.
It informed them that its team is working in the following areas, and will be fixing those issues in the future updates:
Support for frame rates above 30FPS in the graphics settings menu
- Fix for low resolution texture bug
- Improve overall performance and frame-rate hitches
- Add more options to the graphics settings menu
- Improvements to hard drive streaming and hitches
- Address full screen rendering bug on gaming laptop
- Improvements to system memory and VRAM usage
- NVIDIA SLI bug fixes
- Enabling AMD Crossfire
- NVIDIA and AMD updated drivers
Meanwhile, the company announced via its official Facebook post that all the WBPlay Members are in for some exciting offers. They will be receiving bonus and exclusive alternate character skin. Anyone wishing to redeem Batsuit from Batman: Gotham Knight, have to log in to their WBPlay account in Batman Arkham Knight.