There's still some time left before Rocksteady and Warner Bros finally eliminates all the issues that are plaguing the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight.
But, for those who got the game on consoles, PS4 and Xbox One, there are other issues to mess your heads with; for instance, how to drive the Batmobile without crashing incessantly.
With the newly-released Arkham Knight, the latest addition to the famous Arkham series, fans have been treated a fully-functional, powerful Batmobile for Bats to scour the city in. However, problems have risen after a number of fans found it quite difficult to master the Batmobile.
So, if you are indeed finding it hard to manoeuvre the Batmobile across Gotham in Arkham Knight, don't blame yourself, instead, here are a few tips that you could relate to the next time you hop into your mega Batman vehicle.
Batman: Arkham Knight – Batmobile Guide
- Get yourself acquainted with the Batmobile's controls. Once you do that, you will notice that the controls for the Batmobile aren't as straightforward as you thought they would be. And if it isn't really your cup of tea, you could always change the control scheme.
- However, changing the Batmobile's control scheme isn't really simple. The only time you will be allowed to tweak the controller mapping of the Batmobile is when you reach the Gotham City Police Department.
- When you have reached the GCPD, hit the pause button and head to the options menu. In the options menu, you should come across a setting called 'Battle Mode Toggle' and you will need to switch that ON.
- With the changes made, you can now use the left trigger to break and reverse, or tap R1/RB once to switch between the Batmobile and the Bat-tank. This will give a more natural feeling of driving when handling the Batmobile.
- The next best way to get yourself familiar with the Batmobile is by cruising around Gotham in it for a while. This should enlighten you on the vehicle's mechanics, when it comes to drifting and avoid hitting corners at top speeds.
- It's better that you get the hang of the Batmobile at the start of the game, rather when when a mission will require you to test your driving skills when pursuing an enemy, or being pursued by one.
- Try switching back and forth between the Batmobile and Bat-tank via the Battle Mode as much as you can. Having knowledge of that will help you navigate the vehicle in tight corners. You will the importance of switching when you take on Riddler later in the game.
- Upgrade your Batmobile as much as possible. The game requires Bats to use the Batmobile for a number of missions, and it's almost imperative that you keep the vehicle in top shape before plunging into a high-speed chase.
- As far as upgrading the Batmobile is concerned, a special mention needs to be made about the importance of armour. While players will successfully evade the bad guys, riding on a level 2 armour, but as you progress, you will know that a level 4 armour is the order of the day.
- Once the armour bit for the Batmobile is out of the way, your next biggest concern should be the reload speed. After all, there's no point of having a big 60mm gun if it can't shoot bullets at speeds that you expect it to.
- Energy absorption competence is also a big deal if you are looking to shoot missiles faster than usual. Same is the deal with Energy Storage Protection, which will defend your arsenal against enemies that have better mastery over their own weapons. Keeping that in mind, also upgrade both turret and chassis shot damage.
- If you are finding it difficult to turn at corners with the Batmobile, try switching from the Battle Mode to the Pursuit Mode. You can also switch to the mode to escape from enemy ambushes, apart from using the Pursuit Mode to sneak up on tanks (Cobra, for instance).
- Whatever you do, it's important that you always keep moving to evade the enemy. After all, a moving target is much harder to hit than the one that's stuck to a single spot.
Stay tuned for more updates!