Telugu short film Gurukulam - The School, which has won several awards, will be screened at the Indywood film carnival in Hyderabad at 5 pm on September 26.
Gurukulam has been written by Srian and directed by Shiva Kumar BVR. The 15-minute film revolves around the importance of education in one's life. Gurukulam, which means 'school', is about a father who belongs to an economically backward class. He regrets the fact that he neglected his education in childhood, and that it ruined his life later. The film also shows his feelings when his elder son too neglects education.
"I always wanted to make meaningful films. Gurukulam is a very honest short film. We are showcasing the film at Indywood Carnival. These kinds of carnival fests are great place to network and lot of collaborations come out. We're very hopeful that we'll be bagging many more awards," director Shiva Kumar BVR says.
Gurukulam has been produced by Naga Sudha, Sathish Reddy Allam and Latha Sree. Gokul Abhishek and Anup Bhandari have composed the music for this short film, while Sai Sriram has handled the camera work. This short movie has been screened at several international film festivals and won lots of accolades. It has already won a lot of recognition.
Here are some details:
Awards & Selection List
• International Documentary and Short Film Festival of Kerala (IDSFFK-2016)
• All Lights India International Film Festival – India
• 5th Bangalore Film Festival – India
• 5th Kolkata Short International Film Festival 16 – India
• Indiewise Virtual Film Festival- USA
• SABC Ekurhuleni International Film Festival – South Africa
• Los Angles Cine Fest – USA
• 4th Indian Cine Film Festival - India