The latest instalment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe "Avengers: Age of Ultron", which has been released worldwide, is yet to hit theatres in the US. Even then, it is still proving to be a top-grossing film worldwide in the first weekend of its release.
According to Rentrak, the movie produced under the Disney banner has already crossed $201.2 million, which is twice more than "Furious 7". Animation movie "Home", starring Jim Parsons and Rihanna also made it to the fourth position in the top 12 worldwide weekend box office estimates, with $22 million.
"Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2" the Kevin James movie, made by Sony is right below, with $20.8 million in box office collections, while Multiple's "The Divergent Series: Insurgent" barely made it to the worldwide list with a collection of $4.6 million. The sci-fi adventure film, which was released on 20 March, has made box office collections of $8.2 million in the first weekend after its release.
Here is the top 12 worldwide weekend box office estimates as per Sunday, 26 April, 2015:
1. Avengers: Age Of Ultron - Disney - $201.2M
2. Furious 7 - Universal - $88.0M
3. The Left Ear -Multiple - $27.0M
4. Home - 20th Century Fox - $22.0M
5. Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 - Sony - $20.8M
6. Age Of Adaline, The - Multiple - $14.7M
7. Cinderella - Disney - $11.4M
8. Unfriended - Universal - $6.3M
9. Ex Machina - Universal - $5.9M
10. Longest Ride, The - 20th Century Fox - $5.5M
11. Divergent Series: Insurgent, The - Multiple - $4.6M
12. Woman In Gold - Multiple - $4.2M