Asus appears to be working on bringing Android 6.0 Marshmallow update to its eligible devices, as it has started seeding the firmware to a few phones. Now, the latest handsets to receive the operating system are the Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML and Asus Zenfone 2 ZE550ML.
According to STechGuide (via GSMArena), the Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML and Asus Zenfone 2 ZE550ML have received Android 6.0 Marshmallow update via OTA (over-the-air), and the firmware file weighs 1.1GB. The update fixes bugs besides bringing features like Doze, Now on Tap, Runtime Permissions and Google Now on Tap.
The Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML and Asus Zenfone 2 ZE550ML came with Android 5.0 Lollipop based Asus ZenUI when they were released last year.
How to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow to your device:
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow download notification will appear on your phone screen
- Press "Download" button
- Press "Restart & Install" button
- Rebooting will begin automatically
- You will see "Installing System Update" notice when installation starts
- Upgrading begins automatically
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow will run on your device after upgrading is done
You can also manually check availability of the new software by going to â€“ 'Settings' >> 'About phone' >> 'System updates' >> 'Check For Update'.