Assassin's Creed: Unity will take players to the picturesque yet grotesque part of the Paris during the era when the Reign of Terror and its aftermath spilled blood on the streets.
Notwithstanding the excitement among fans and critics, Game Informer revealed new details on the new game that will be hitting on 28 October for only new generation consoles and PC.
It was revealed that the game will be having new controls for climbing and there has been a change in the navigational, stealth and combat gameplay abilities in the game.
There will be more stress on stealth and a new cover system. The crowd in the game could be up to 30,000 people.
A NeoGAF member, Deadly Cyclone has collected and shared the following in a post:
- The game has been in development since 2010. After Assassin's Creed Brotherwood, a team started to work on Unity.
- Players will have skill levelling option, where they can opt for drop points in stealth, combat, or navigation.
- Customisations get a boost with players now able to customise legs, boots, forearms, chest, hood, and mask. The hood has faster blending ability and the belt will now hold more items.
- Now co-op missions can be done solo. They will have multiple difficulties. Players will also have the option of exploring the whole world in co-op.
- Correcting its earlier mistake of having a separate multiplayer game, so they went back to the drawing board and got the co-op missions in the game.
- The co-op will reportedly be like Watch Dogs, where the player will always be Arno, the protagonist and others will be looking like other brotherhood members and in their game, they will be Arno and you will be the brotherhood member.
- There will be no more of auto-fail missions. If players do not follow the script then there will be changes on your handling of a mission. But you will not get desynchronised.
- Hitting RT+B will get make characters to rapidly descend from buildings.
- Interiors of the building can be used by followers to hide or to assassinate. But they must also beware of guards in it.
- Players will be able to notice the new 1:1 scale for buildings. Also the streets will have more buildings when compared with previous games.
- When using stealth modes, the footsteps will be softer, but players will still be moving rapidly.
- A new cover system is in place. This will allow players to hide easier and they can also peek from their hiding spot.
- Unlike the previous game, the guards in the game will not be able to know the location of the players automatically. They will only search your last known location. This will allow players to either escape or flank them out.
- Combat will be harder, players will struggle to beat five enemies together, but they can take on two or three easily. Players will have to pay attention to the weapons that enemies have. The game will also be featuring boss fights where players will have to dodge and not just attack.
- The NPCs in the game will react to each other. Thieves might attack players but guards will not attack unless you have provoked them. Police in the game will go after the thieves, so players can lure the thieves to the police and escape thereof.
- The game is reportedly "cool" and "very, very surprising." Players will be able to understand in the first 20 minutes where they are heading in the game.
- There can be up to 30,000 people in a crowd.