‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Starrer Set to Surpass ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ Record
Salman Khan and Daisy Shah starrer "Jai Ho" is all set to cross the domestic total of Farhan Akhtar's "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag". However, the earnings of the film was pretty low in its second week, despite tax exemptions.
The political drama, directed by Sohail Khan, has reached the ₹100 crore club in India, and is now eyeing to beat Farhan Akhtar's sports biopic "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" lifetime total of ₹108.93 crore.
Tax exemption benefited the film during its second week but the collections remained low. However, the 12-day collections of the film suggests it would not even touch the ₹120 crore mark in India.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Salman's "Jai Ho" is the highest grossing film of 2014 till now, with a total of ₹104.95 crore. But it will still be the lowest domestic score for a Salman film, released after 2011.
"Jai Ho" is all set to become a semi-hit at the domestic box office. The film was made on a budget of ₹75 crore and has managed to earn the production cost. But to be a hit, the film needs to earn more than double its production cost.
Meanwhile, lead actor Salman reportedly gave a cheque of ₹1 lakh to each person associated with the film. The amount was paid as a token of appreciation to the whole cast and crew. The whole amount came up to ₹2 crore.
"Though Jai Ho didn't do as well as expected, Salman was very happy with the work done by the cast and crew. Hence, he thought that he would give them something as a token of appreciation. He called every member of the Jai Ho team, including spot boys and cameramen and handed them a cheque from his own personal account," DNA quoted a source as saying.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Watch IPL 7 Match 8: Chennai Super Kings vs Delhi Daredevils Live Streaming Information
- Aamir Khan's 'P.K.' vs 'Welcome Back': Is John Abraham Starrer at Disadvantage?
- HTC Desire 210, 816 Smartphones Launched in India; Price, Availability Details
- Beijing Auto Show: Suzuki Showcases Alivio Concept aka Ciaz
- ‘Race Gurram' Box Office Collection: Allu Arjun Starrer Earns ₹40 Crore in 10 Days Worldwide
- Sony Xperia M2 Dual-SIM Android Smartphone Launched in India; Price, Specification Details
- Shah Rukh Khan's Vanity Van Mangles Actor Karanvir Bohra's Car
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Gets Price Cut ; Now Available Online at ₹46,881
- Lok Sabha Elections 2014: AP Tops in Electoral Corruption Accounting for 46 Percent of ₹236 Crore Seized
- ‘2 States’ Box Office Collection: Alia-Arjun Starrer Witnesses Fantastic Opening Weekend; Beats Salman’s ‘Jai Ho’ Overseas