‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Starrer Set to Surpass ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’ Record
Salman Khan and Daisy Shah starrer "Jai Ho" is all set to cross the domestic total of Farhan Akhtar's "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag". However, the earnings of the film was pretty low in its second week, despite tax exemptions.
The political drama, directed by Sohail Khan, has reached the ₹100 crore club in India, and is now eyeing to beat Farhan Akhtar's sports biopic "Bhaag Milkha Bhaag" lifetime total of ₹108.93 crore.
Tax exemption benefited the film during its second week but the collections remained low. However, the 12-day collections of the film suggests it would not even touch the ₹120 crore mark in India.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Salman's "Jai Ho" is the highest grossing film of 2014 till now, with a total of ₹104.95 crore. But it will still be the lowest domestic score for a Salman film, released after 2011.
"Jai Ho" is all set to become a semi-hit at the domestic box office. The film was made on a budget of ₹75 crore and has managed to earn the production cost. But to be a hit, the film needs to earn more than double its production cost.
Meanwhile, lead actor Salman reportedly gave a cheque of ₹1 lakh to each person associated with the film. The amount was paid as a token of appreciation to the whole cast and crew. The whole amount came up to ₹2 crore.
"Though Jai Ho didn't do as well as expected, Salman was very happy with the work done by the cast and crew. Hence, he thought that he would give them something as a token of appreciation. He called every member of the Jai Ho team, including spot boys and cameramen and handed them a cheque from his own personal account," DNA quoted a source as saying.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Box Office Collection: ‘Gulaab Gang’, ‘Queen’ and ‘Total Siyapaa’ Open on Dull Note
- Sidharth Malhotra Dating Virat Kohli’s Ex? [PHOTO]
- International Women’s Day: 8 South Indian Women who Have Made It Big in Bollywood
- New Fiat Punto Facelift Caught Testing Again; India Launch Soon
- Maruti Suzuki to Launch Alto K10 AMT by 2014 End: Report
- Bajaj Discover 125 Launched in India; Price, Features Details
- Six Nations Where to Watch Live: Ireland vs Italy Live Streaming Information
- International Women’s Day: From Mira Nair to Farah Khan, Women Directors in the Industry
- English Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs Tottenham Live Streaming Information
- English Premier League Preview: West Brom vs Manchester United Live Streaming Information