‘Jai Ho’ Box Office Collection: Salman Starrer Drops on Day 6
Salman Khan starrer "Jai Ho" is going steady at the domestic box offices. c
The film which was riding high on expectations has emerged as a semi-hit till now. Unlike Salman's previous films, "Jai Ho" has received mixed to negative response at collection centers.
The political drama's six days earnings stands at ₹83.28 crore. Sohail Khan's directorial film, which was expected to break "Dhoom 3" records, has not even crossed 100 crore mark in India within first week.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
According to reports, the film was rejected by Salman's fans which affected the collections. Before the film's release Salman entered into controversies for his performance at the Saifai festival in Uttar Pradesh and after celebrating Uttarayan in Gujarat with BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi.
Salman had earlier taken the blame of "Jai Ho" not-so-good box office performance. However, the actor also thanked his fans and all the people who watched the film.
"Thank u to all the fans who have seen JAI HO n liked it , I totally appreciate it guys . U been wonderful . God bless," Salman posted on his Twitter page.
Meanwhile, this week Abhay Deol's "One By Two" is releasing. Produced by Abhay Deol, the film's promotion has been pretty low. But whether the film will affect "Jai Ho" business at the box office will be decided by the film's content and critics review.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Lok Sabha Election 2014: Jaya, Maya, Mamata to Play key Role in New Government Formation
- India Set to Challenge U.S. for Election-spending Record
- Top High-End Tablet PCs Available in the Indian Market
- My Boyfriend is My Favourite Male Tennis Player, Says Maria Sharapova
- Aaron Carter Calls Hilary Duff the Love of His Life: ‘I’ll spend the rest of my life trying to better myself to get back to her’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4, Episode 13, ‘Alone’: Where to Watch Online, Live Stream