Box Office Collection: ‘R… Rajkumar’ Becomes Shahid’s Highest Grosser of 2013
Shahid Kapoor and Sonakshi Sinha starrer "R... Rajkumar" has completed its first week run with respectable box office numbers. The masala entertainer, panned by critics, was saved by audiences.
The first week total of the film is more than ₹46 crore. The numbers differ as per different trade analysts but the film has fared well.
"R... Rajkumar" first week total is the highest for Shahid and Sonakshi's films released this year. Also, the film has crossed the lifetime collection record of Shahid's "Kaminey" which grossed 42 crore, according to Koimoi.com.
The film has performed consistently at the box office in its first week, taking top spot at the domestic chart. The first week collection has made sure that "R... Rajkumar" is a hit film.
The film, which had a bumper opening, registered full occupancy during the first weekend and weekday shows in theaters.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The circuits which performed well include Mumbai, Delhi, UP, Rajasthan, while areas like CI and Punjab had average occupancy.
Several distributors have mentioned that the film maintained stability at single screens in across the country. The drop in the business during the weekdays was also marginal.
After the extraordinary first week earnings, the film is expected to dominate the ticket windows in its second week as well, as new releases "What The Fish" and "Jackpot" have failed to generate good reviews.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- 1st T20 Where to Watch Live: South Africa vs Australia Live Streaming Information
- Six Nations 2014 Where to Watch Live: England vs Wales Live Streaming Information
- Six Nations Where to Watch Live: Ireland vs Italy Live Streaming Information
- Lok Sabha Election 2014: Congress Releases First List of 194 Candidates
- Satyamev Jayate 2: Aamir Khan Questions the State of Police System in the Country