Box Office: ‘Gori Tere Pyaar Mein’ and ‘Singh Saab The Great’ Find Dull Response
This week's major releases "Gori Tere Pyaar Mein" and "Singh Saab the Great" have both reported slow rates at the box office.
Kareena Kapoor and Imran Khan's "Gori Tere Pyar Mein" opened to a disappointing start, raking in just a ₹2.50 crore on its opening Friday. The figures show only 25-30 percent occupancy, despite the film being a Dharma Productions release, with an A-list cast.
The second day collections of the romantic comedy stand at ₹3 crore, showing just a moderate rise. The two-day collection of the Punit Malhotra-directed flick thus stands presently at ₹5.50 crore, as reported by Boxoffice India.
Sunny Deol's action flick "Singh Saab The Great", on the other hand, had a better start surprisingly, with a ₹4.75 crore opening day figure. In North Indian cities, the film raked a decent 40-50 per cent occupancy but in Kolkata, Pune and Bengaluru a mere 15-20 percent openings were recorded.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Even with Deol's charm and the film's single-screen audience target, the action flick recorded a comparatively lesser growth on Saturday. The collection on the second day stood at ₹4.25 crore, which accumulates a total of ₹9 crore from the first two days.
Meanwhile, the dull pace of "GTPM" and "SSTG" has become a boon for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's "Ram-leela". The film, in its second week, has remained unaffected and is on its way to the coveted ₹100-crore mark.
The Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone starrer has reportedly earned around ₹86.8 crore in eight days at the domestic box office and is pacing steadily ahead.
As for both "GTPM" and "SSTG", the Sunday collection will act as the decisive factor of the film's probable figures for the coming week, along with the box office verdict.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- HTC Desire 816 vs Nokia Lumia 1320 vs Sony Xperia T2 Ultra: Specifications Comparison
- ‘2 States’ Box Office Collection: Alia-Arjun Starrer Beats ‘Main Tera Hero’ in 6 Days
- Tata Bolt Spotted Testing Again as Launch Nears
- No Delay in 'Kochadaiiyaan' Release: Rajinikanth Starrer Set to Hit Theatres on 9 May
- Barcelona Open 2014 Live Streaming Information: Where to Watch Rafael Nadal in Action
- Hyundai 1.0-Litre Eon Magna Launched in India: Report
- Renault India Opens Second Dealership in Jaipur
- Microsoft, HP Launch Omni 10 Tablet PC with Pearson Educational Contents for Indian College Students; Price, Specification Details
- Lok Sabha Polls 2014: Ajith, Vijay, Rajinikanth, Kamal Haasan and other Stars Cast their Votes
- Kashmiris Wary as Modi Challenges for Power