Box Office: ‘Gori Tere Pyaar Mein’ and ‘Singh Saab The Great’ Find Dull Response
This week's major releases "Gori Tere Pyaar Mein" and "Singh Saab the Great" have both reported slow rates at the box office.
Kareena Kapoor and Imran Khan's "Gori Tere Pyar Mein" opened to a disappointing start, raking in just a ₹2.50 crore on its opening Friday. The figures show only 25-30 percent occupancy, despite the film being a Dharma Productions release, with an A-list cast.
The second day collections of the romantic comedy stand at ₹3 crore, showing just a moderate rise. The two-day collection of the Punit Malhotra-directed flick thus stands presently at ₹5.50 crore, as reported by Boxoffice India.
Sunny Deol's action flick "Singh Saab The Great", on the other hand, had a better start surprisingly, with a ₹4.75 crore opening day figure. In North Indian cities, the film raked a decent 40-50 per cent occupancy but in Kolkata, Pune and Bengaluru a mere 15-20 percent openings were recorded.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Even with Deol's charm and the film's single-screen audience target, the action flick recorded a comparatively lesser growth on Saturday. The collection on the second day stood at ₹4.25 crore, which accumulates a total of ₹9 crore from the first two days.
Meanwhile, the dull pace of "GTPM" and "SSTG" has become a boon for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's "Ram-leela". The film, in its second week, has remained unaffected and is on its way to the coveted ₹100-crore mark.
The Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone starrer has reportedly earned around ₹86.8 crore in eight days at the domestic box office and is pacing steadily ahead.
As for both "GTPM" and "SSTG", the Sunday collection will act as the decisive factor of the film's probable figures for the coming week, along with the box office verdict.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Lok Sabha Election 2014: Jaya, Maya, Mamata to Play key Role in New Government Formation
- India Set to Challenge U.S. for Election-spending Record
- Top High-End Tablet PCs Available in the Indian Market
- Rajinikanth's 'Kochadaiiyaan' Trailer, Audio Released
- Lok Sabha Election 2014: Congress Releases First List of 194 Candidates
- 1st T20 Where to Watch Live: South Africa vs Australia Live Streaming Information
- Satyamev Jayate 2: Aamir Khan Questions the State of Police System in the Country
- 1st T20 Where to Watch Live: West Indies vs England Live Streaming Information
- Box Office: 'Queen', 'Gulaab Gang' and 'Total Siyapaa' Day 1 Collections
- Nokia X Android Smartphone to Launch in India on 10 March: Report