Box Office Collection: Ajith's 'Arrambam' Beats 'Thuppakki', 'Singam 2' and 'Thalaivaa' in US
Ajith's "Arrambam" is doing fantastic business in overseas markets. [Also Read: "Arrambam" Performs Better than "Krrish 3"]
The action-packed entertainer has turned out to be the fifth highest grosser of all Tamil films in the US. According to Behindwoods, "Arrambam" grossed $369,150, approximately ₹2.3 crore (as of 9th November), at the US box office.
The film has surpassed the collections of Vijay's "Thuppakki" and "Thalaivaa" and Suriya's "Singam 2". Only four films including "Endhiran" (Robot - $1.6 Million ), "Vishwaroopam" ( $1 Million), "Sivaji" ($600,000) and "Dasavatharam" ($500,000) are ahead of "Arrambam" in collections.
The Ajith starrer has been received well in other overseas markets including UK, Australia, Singapore and Malaysia. Particularly in Malaysia, "Arrambam" has done great business as against new releases in Tamil and other languages. The country is one of the key markets for Tamil films and most of the films that have big stars perform well at the box office.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"Arrambam" has collected $788,469 (close to ₹5 crore) in its opening weekend (October 31 to November 3) at the Malaysian box office. The film opened at the second spot next to "Thor: The Dark World" in the country.
Karthi's "All in All Azhaguraja" was in the third spot, while Hrithik Roshan's "Krrish 3" was in the ninth position. "Arrambam" has reportedly continued to stay in the top 5 list of films at the Malaysian box office in its second weekend as well. However, details about the film's second weekend collections are yet to be available.
The film is also performing well in Tamil Nadu and other Indian states. "Arrambam" rules the Chennai box office reportedly earning around ₹8 crore. The business of "Arrambam" is steady in Karnataka, while other Tamil releases have failed to create an impact.
The film's overall collections are pegged at over ₹53 crore. With the increase in the film's screen count, the mass entertainer is likely to cross the ₹100 crore mark soon.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Watch English Premier League: Manchester City vs Sunderland Live Streaming Information
- Monte-Carlo Masters Live Streaming Information: Watch Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer in Action
- HTC Desire 601 vs. HTC One Mini Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Japan’s Whale Meat Eating Likened to Kangaroo Meat Eating in Australia
- Formula One: Daniel Ricciardo Upset after Disqualification from Australian GP
- SIDS Mystery Identified by Adelaide Researchers
- Mithcell Johnson Considering to Quit One Cricket Format
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. Sony Xperia Z1 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- US Drone Killed Aussie Foot Soldiers in Yemen
- New Zealand 2013 Census Showed Number of Overseas Born Kiwis Hit 1M