Box Office Collection: Ajith's 'Arrambam' Beats 'Thuppakki', 'Singam 2' and 'Thalaivaa' in US
Ajith's "Arrambam" is doing fantastic business in overseas markets. [Also Read: "Arrambam" Performs Better than "Krrish 3"]
The action-packed entertainer has turned out to be the fifth highest grosser of all Tamil films in the US. According to Behindwoods, "Arrambam" grossed $369,150, approximately ₹2.3 crore (as of 9th November), at the US box office.
The film has surpassed the collections of Vijay's "Thuppakki" and "Thalaivaa" and Suriya's "Singam 2". Only four films including "Endhiran" (Robot - $1.6 Million ), "Vishwaroopam" ( $1 Million), "Sivaji" ($600,000) and "Dasavatharam" ($500,000) are ahead of "Arrambam" in collections.
The Ajith starrer has been received well in other overseas markets including UK, Australia, Singapore and Malaysia. Particularly in Malaysia, "Arrambam" has done great business as against new releases in Tamil and other languages. The country is one of the key markets for Tamil films and most of the films that have big stars perform well at the box office.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"Arrambam" has collected $788,469 (close to ₹5 crore) in its opening weekend (October 31 to November 3) at the Malaysian box office. The film opened at the second spot next to "Thor: The Dark World" in the country.
Karthi's "All in All Azhaguraja" was in the third spot, while Hrithik Roshan's "Krrish 3" was in the ninth position. "Arrambam" has reportedly continued to stay in the top 5 list of films at the Malaysian box office in its second weekend as well. However, details about the film's second weekend collections are yet to be available.
The film is also performing well in Tamil Nadu and other Indian states. "Arrambam" rules the Chennai box office reportedly earning around ₹8 crore. The business of "Arrambam" is steady in Karnataka, while other Tamil releases have failed to create an impact.
The film's overall collections are pegged at over ₹53 crore. With the increase in the film's screen count, the mass entertainer is likely to cross the ₹100 crore mark soon.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- China Ready for Free Trade Deal With Australia
- Malaysian Flight 370: Plane Turned Back Toward Kuala Lumpur Before Disappearing; Australia Sends 2 P3C Orions to Aid Search (VIDEOS)
- 1st T20 Where to Watch Live: South Africa vs Australia Live Streaming Information
- Box Office: 'Queen', 'Gulaab Gang' and 'Total Siyapaa' Day 1 Collections
- Six Nations 2014 Where to Watch Live: England vs Wales Live Streaming Information
- Empty Nester Queensland Couple Among the 6 Aussie Passengers Aboard Missing Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 (VIDEOS)
- Six Nations Where to Watch Live: Ireland vs Italy Live Streaming Information
- English Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs Tottenham Live Streaming Information
- English Premier League Preview: West Brom vs Manchester United Live Streaming Information
- 7 Aussies, 2 Infants Among 239 People Aboard Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 Feared Lost Over Vietnam Airspace – Reports