Box Office Collection: Ajith's 'Arrambam' Beats 'Thuppakki', 'Singam 2' and 'Thalaivaa' in US
Ajith's "Arrambam" is doing fantastic business in overseas markets. [Also Read: "Arrambam" Performs Better than "Krrish 3"]
The action-packed entertainer has turned out to be the fifth highest grosser of all Tamil films in the US. According to Behindwoods, "Arrambam" grossed $369,150, approximately ₹2.3 crore (as of 9th November), at the US box office.
The film has surpassed the collections of Vijay's "Thuppakki" and "Thalaivaa" and Suriya's "Singam 2". Only four films including "Endhiran" (Robot - $1.6 Million ), "Vishwaroopam" ( $1 Million), "Sivaji" ($600,000) and "Dasavatharam" ($500,000) are ahead of "Arrambam" in collections.
The Ajith starrer has been received well in other overseas markets including UK, Australia, Singapore and Malaysia. Particularly in Malaysia, "Arrambam" has done great business as against new releases in Tamil and other languages. The country is one of the key markets for Tamil films and most of the films that have big stars perform well at the box office.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"Arrambam" has collected $788,469 (close to ₹5 crore) in its opening weekend (October 31 to November 3) at the Malaysian box office. The film opened at the second spot next to "Thor: The Dark World" in the country.
Karthi's "All in All Azhaguraja" was in the third spot, while Hrithik Roshan's "Krrish 3" was in the ninth position. "Arrambam" has reportedly continued to stay in the top 5 list of films at the Malaysian box office in its second weekend as well. However, details about the film's second weekend collections are yet to be available.
The film is also performing well in Tamil Nadu and other Indian states. "Arrambam" rules the Chennai box office reportedly earning around ₹8 crore. The business of "Arrambam" is steady in Karnataka, while other Tamil releases have failed to create an impact.
The film's overall collections are pegged at over ₹53 crore. With the increase in the film's screen count, the mass entertainer is likely to cross the ₹100 crore mark soon.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Viral Video: Snake Takes Another Beating, This Time from an Australian Spider
- Motorola Moto G vs. Moto E— Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Australians to Spend $13,000+ for 2014 Travels, Double Global Average of $5,500
- Age Discrimination Commissioner Warns of Failure to Hike Retirement Age to 70 If Aussie Companies Are Unwilling to Hire Workers Over 50
- Watch Champions League Semifinal: Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich Live Streaming Information
- MH370 Debris Washed Ashore? Pieces of Wreckage Spotted in Western Australia Shore
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 vs. Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014 Edition) - Specs And Price Comparison in Australia
- UFO Sightings: Commercial Pilot Captures Photo of UFO in Caloundra, Queensland
- What is ANZAC Day: Meaning, History Fast Facts And Major Events
- Australia TripAdvisor's Top Dream Destination; New Zealand in 5th Place