Candice Swanepoel to Wear Victoria's Secret Fantasy Bra, Follows Miranda Kerr, Heidi Klum and Adriana Lima [PHOTOS]
Supermodel Candice Swanepoel has been chosen to wear Victoria's Secret Royal Fantasy Bra at this year's fashion show. She will join the likes of Claudia Schiffer, Miranda Kerr, Gisele Bundchen, Heidi Klum, Alessandra Ambrosio and Adriana Lima who have donned the million dollar undergarment in the past.
The 25-year-old South African is excited by the propect of wearing the $10m bra encrusted with more than 4,200 precious gems, including diamond, yellow sapphires and ruby.
"They had to mold my body to be able to make [the bra], and I was really excited," Swanepoel told People magazine. "I tried to imagine after they'd done the mold, how would they make it, how it would look. My imagination didn't do it justice. My favorite part is this beautiful 52-carat pear-shaped ruby. Every part of it is exquisite."
"I've never worn anything this pricey, and we have to put gloves on when we put it on. It's kind of a big ordeal. The bra comes with two bodyguards and we have to handle it with a lot of care!" she went on to say, adding, "Definitely being the Fantasy Bra model is more nerve-wracking [than shooting swim] because it's a one-time thing. Walking around wearing $10 million does seem to make me a little bit nervous."
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
It may be recalled that "Fantasy Bra" concept was first introduced in 1996, and supermodel Claudia Schiffer donned the $1 million undergarment called "Million Dollar Miracle Bra". In 2000, Gisele Bundchen showcased $15 million "Red Hot Fantasy Bra", which is the most expensive bra and panties set in the world.
This year's Victoria's Secret show will be held at Lexington Avenue Armory, New York City on Wednesday (13 November) and will be aired on CBS on 10 December, 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Rajaratnam's Brother Loses Bid to Dismiss Insider Trading Charges
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez: Nobel Laureate Dies, World Reactions Top 5 Works and Top 10 Quotes
- Nobel Winner Garcia Marquez, Master of Magical Realism, Dies at 87
- Ex-Goldman Sachs Director Gupta Starts Prison Term on 17 June
- ‘Castle’ Season 6 Spoilers: Why Castle Takes the Lead in a Mobster’s Murder Investigation?
- Jenny McCarthy Flaunts Giant Yellow Sapphire Engagement Ring while Getting Pedicure
- Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones Make First Public Appearance After Split
- Cristiano Ronaldo GF Irina Shayk Swims With the Pigs
- Lamar Odom Finally Agrees to Divorce Khloe Kardashian; Phil Jackson Confirms Odom’s Deal With the New York Knicks
- Jay Z and Beyonce to Hit the Roads this Summer for a Tour!