Candice Swanepoel to Wear Victoria's Secret Fantasy Bra, Follows Miranda Kerr, Heidi Klum and Adriana Lima [PHOTOS]
Supermodel Candice Swanepoel has been chosen to wear Victoria's Secret Royal Fantasy Bra at this year's fashion show. She will join the likes of Claudia Schiffer, Miranda Kerr, Gisele Bundchen, Heidi Klum, Alessandra Ambrosio and Adriana Lima who have donned the million dollar undergarment in the past.
The 25-year-old South African is excited by the propect of wearing the $10m bra encrusted with more than 4,200 precious gems, including diamond, yellow sapphires and ruby.
"They had to mold my body to be able to make [the bra], and I was really excited," Swanepoel told People magazine. "I tried to imagine after they'd done the mold, how would they make it, how it would look. My imagination didn't do it justice. My favorite part is this beautiful 52-carat pear-shaped ruby. Every part of it is exquisite."
"I've never worn anything this pricey, and we have to put gloves on when we put it on. It's kind of a big ordeal. The bra comes with two bodyguards and we have to handle it with a lot of care!" she went on to say, adding, "Definitely being the Fantasy Bra model is more nerve-wracking [than shooting swim] because it's a one-time thing. Walking around wearing $10 million does seem to make me a little bit nervous."
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
It may be recalled that "Fantasy Bra" concept was first introduced in 1996, and supermodel Claudia Schiffer donned the $1 million undergarment called "Million Dollar Miracle Bra". In 2000, Gisele Bundchen showcased $15 million "Red Hot Fantasy Bra", which is the most expensive bra and panties set in the world.
This year's Victoria's Secret show will be held at Lexington Avenue Armory, New York City on Wednesday (13 November) and will be aired on CBS on 10 December, 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Sea Food at New York Market Suspected of Causing Rare Skin Infection
- Newsweek’s Identification of Mysterious Bitcoin Creator Satoshi Nakamoto Sparks Frenzy, Outrage: Top Media Reactions
- HTC One Up (HTC One 2) Release Date On March 25; Smartphone Already Sold In China
- Scientists Make Houseflies 'Fall In Love' With A Ball Of Wax Using Lasers
- Music Review: Linkin Park Release New Single ‘Guilty All The Same’ Through Shazam
- U.S. Seeks "talk and trade" to Rebuild India Ties
- Asian Shares up, Mood Cautious Before U.S. Jobs Data
- Journalists CAGED in Egypt for 23 Hours a Day, Haunting Images for Loved Ones
- NBA News: Chicago Bulls' Joakim Noah Luring Carmelo Anthony to Join the Chicago Bulls (With Salary Cap Analysis)
- Porn Star Belle Knox Becomes More Popular than Justin Bieber and Pope Francis After Revealing True Identity