‘Grand Masti’ Box Office Collection: Adult Comedy Earns Production Cost within 4 Days
After having a grand opening weekend, "Grand Masti" had registered a good occupancy on its first weekday by earning around ₹8 crore.
The film's business dropped by 30 to 35 percent on first weekday i.e. Monday, compared to Friday's collection. The Indra Kumar directorial stands at ₹48.18 crore at the Indian box office.
"GrandMasti collected approx ₹40.18 cr nett in its opening weekend. Breakup: Fri 12.51 cr, Sat 13.21 cr, Sun 14.46 cr," trade analyst Taran Adarsh posted on his Twitter account on Monday.
The film, which is a sequel to the 2004 release "Masti", features Aftab Shivdasani, Vivek Oberoi and Riteish Deshmukh in lead roles.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The small budget film has earned the production cost of around ₹30 crore to ₹35 crore just from its three-day run at the domestic box office. Taking note of its box office trend, the film should rake in ₹65 crore to ₹70 crore in the first week.
"#GrandMasti passes 'Monday test' with distinction marks... Its business is an eye-opener... At this rate, 65 cr to 70 cr Week 1 on cards," Adarsh said.
On the overseas front, the film managed to earn more than ₹3 crore during the opening weekend
"#GrandMasti *opening weekend total* from international markets stands at $ 525,000 [₹3.32 crores]," Adarsh said.
The worldwide total of the film (four days domestic + overseas opening weekend) stands at ₹51.5 crore. It was not released in UAE circuits.
Meanwhile, the film "Horror Story" is also doing a decent business, raking in ₹3.42 crore in four days.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Lok Sabha Election 2014: Jaya, Maya, Mamata to Play key Role in New Government Formation
- India Set to Challenge U.S. for Election-spending Record
- Top High-End Tablet PCs Available in the Indian Market
- US Daylight Saving Time 2014 Starts: Top 10 Things to be Happy about
- Malaysia Plane Crash: Pilot's Teen Daughter Tweets, 'Daddy...Come Home Fast'
- MH370 Malaysian Plane Crash: Missing Flight Saves Two US Passengers, a Chinese Student