LG Smartphone Google Nexus 5 Snapshots Spotted at FCC; Will It be Unveiled on 14 October?
Pictures of the much-speculated LG smartphone Google Nexus 5 have been reportedly spotted at the US government-owned FCC (Federal Communications Commission) website.
Technology website, Phonescoop has retrieved a slew of snapshots of an unnamed LG smartphone with a codename LG-D820 from the FCC database, which many believe are of Google Nexus 4 successor.
Going by the look of the snapshots, Google Nexus 5 features a thin bezel, big display and a large camera with LED flash on the back side. The smartphone in the picture is strikingly similar to the handset, which was seen in the hands of a Google employee during the Kit Kat mascot unveiling event at the company's headquarters on 3 September. The search engine giant pulled down the video from the official YouTube channel after it went viral.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
A few days ago, another tech blog too had unearthed key features of the same smartphone codenamed LG-D820 from the FCC website. It had revealed that the handset would feature LTE network, Bluetooth v4.0 LE (Low Energy) and dual-band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz & 5GHz). Apart from these connectivity features, Google Nexus 5 is also said to be sporting a 4.96-inch screen and run on the new Android mobile OS v4.4 Kit Kat powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 series quad-core processor with 2GB (or 3GB) RAM.
The device is also expected to ship with a high-end 13.0-megapixel camera, 2700 mAh battery and NFC (Near Field Communication) feature.
Many feel that Google and its Nexus smartphone co-developer LG should release their new flagship handset as early as next month, as top smartphone makers - Samsung and Apple - have unveiled their flagship devices earlier this month.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Android v4.4.3 OS Update Almost Confirmed via Google Edu Device Setup App at Play Store
- Tech Giants Support CTIA Handset Anti-Theft Voluntary Commitment
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom: Camera Phone Variant to be Announced as 'Galaxy K' at the 'Kapture the Moment' Event on April 29
- Samsung Galaxy Beam 2 with Built-in Projector Launched
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Crystal Edition Teased Online; Tipped to Launch in May
- 3 Reasons Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.4 Kitkat OS Update May Not Happen