Micromax Canvas 4 Challenger Lava Iris Pro to Debut on 25 August
Ever since Micromax launched its metal-clad Canvas 4 last month, many local rivals had grabbed the chance to challenge the popular smartphone maker but reaped little success. However, Lava's upcoming Iris Pro series smartphone seems to be a worthy competitor.
For almost a week, Lava has been flashing advertisements of its upcoming Iris Pro with the tag line 'Iris Pro defines art in smart', in a bid to create hype just like its rival Micromax did towards the unveiling of Canvas 4.
While going through the new Lava phone advertisement, we can see that Iris Pro's smooth metallic contour seems heavily influenced by Apple smartphones. Its design frame looks almost identical to iPhone 5, sans the size and button placements.
Lava also reveal that Iris Pro will sport an HD 720p display and pack a 1.2GHz quad-core processor along with a dual-LED flash below the rear-camera.
During first part of the TV advertisement, two people compete with each other to bend a metal fork using their mind energy channeling through their eyes, indicating that the Lava Iris Pro device might boast of new gesture control features.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Lava will be pulling the wraps of its Iris Pro series smartphone on 25 August.
Many Lava fans crave that the company's new offering should pack atleast 2GB RAM, 13-megapixel plus camera on the rear-side, 5.0-megapixel front camera and a longer battery life with a price-tag less than ₹15,000. The features seem too fanciful to come in a sub-₹15,000 priced smartphone, but if Lava succeeds to pull off this stunt, it would be more than sufficient to beat its nemesis Micromax Canvas 4 and might even emerge as a serious threat to market leader Samsung and other MNCs as well.
Lava Iris Pro Series Ad:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date: Patent Hints at Drastic Changes in Design
- iPhone 6 Release Date: Comparison of Apple Smartphone's Case with Nexus 5, Galaxy Note 3 and iPhone 5S [VIDEO]
- Samsung Galaxy K (aka S5 Zoom) Snapshots Leaked Online Ahead of Official Launch
- Apple Inc. Surprises Investors and Analysts with $45.6B Revenue Due to Strong iPhone Sales in Q2 2014
- Earlier iPhone 6 Release Date on Q3 2014 Confirmed by Leaked Metal Casing & Display Glass Details – Reports