'Singam 2' Box Office Collection: Suriya Starrer Grosses ₹50 Crore in First Weekend Worldwide?
Suriya' "Singam 2", which had a stupendous opening weekend, has reportedly grossed ₹50 crore worldwide.
According to reports, "Singam 2" collected approximately ₹21 crore during the first weekend in Tamil Nadu alone. Senior film journalist Sreedhar Pillai said the Suriya-starrer raked in around ₹26 crore in the first three days of its release in TN, Karnataka, Kerala and North India markets.
"#Singam2 (Tam) -July 5 to 7- TN, Karnataka, Kerala, North India, Approximate Net - Fri=Rs 8.15 + Sat= Rs 8.68 +Sun=Rs9.45. Total = Rs26.28Cr," Sreedhar tweeted.
"Singam 2" had an impressive start in the overseas markets as well. Trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh said the action entertainer minted more than ₹2 crore in the debut weekend from US and UK markets.
"Tamil film #Singam2 has fetched a rocking start... UK weekend: £ 65,806 [Rs 59.60 lacs] ... USA weekend: $ 241,926 [Rs 1.47 cr]," Taran tweeted.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"Singam 2" is also doing good business in other overseas markets including Singapore and Malaysia. The Telugu dubbed version of the film titled "Singam -Yamudu 2" has also received good response from audiences. It has reportedly collected ₹10 crore in Andhra Pradesh over the first weekend. The distributors from Andhra have termed it as the biggest hit in Suriya's career, according to Behindwoods.com.
The film's producer, Prince Pictures, have released a press statement that "Singam 2" has crossed the ₹50 crore mark worldwide in the first weekend. It is believed that the collections include worldwide figures for both the Tamil and Telugu versions combined.
"Singam 2" is a sequel to the 2010 blockbuster film of the same name. The first version "Singam" was remade in Hindi and Kannada, with Ajay Devgn and Sudheep reprising the cop role. The film was a massive hit in all three versions.
The Telugu dubbed version of "Singam 2" was released simultaneously with the original and is doing good business. The Hindi dubbed version of the film is expected to get released on 19 July. It remains to be seen if the film would do well in the Hindi film industry.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- IPL 7 Results: Rahane, Binny Guide Rajasthan Royals Past Sunrisers Hyderabad in Low-Scorer
- Watch IPL 7 Match 4 Live: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals Live Streaming Information
- Watch IPL 7 Match 3 Live: Chennai Super Kings vs Kings XI Punjab Live Streaming Information
- 'Damaal Dumeel' Review Roundup: Enjoyable Fun Ride; Worth a Watch
- ‘2 States’ Box Office Collection: Alia-Arjun Starrer Witnesses Good Occupancy on Day 1
- India Passes Halfway Mark in Election with BJP Gaining Strength
- ‘Bhoothnath Returns’ Box Office Collection: Amitabh Starrer Finishes 1st Week; Earns ₹30 Crore
- 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa' Season 7: No Kapil Sharma as Host, Child Star Akshat Singh to Participate; Report
- Facebook to E-Money Attempt Could Challenge Retail Banks; Lessons From Yahoo
- IPL 7 Results: Bowlers, Yuvraj and Kohli Guide RCB to Easy Win over Delhi Daredevils