'Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani' Box Office Collection: Ranbir Starrer Earns ₹187 Crore, Fails to Beat ‘Ek Tha Tiger’ and ‘3 Idiots’
Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone starrer "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" has taken its four week total collections to a whopping ₹186 crore.
Although, the earnings declined in its fourth week, it still managed to rake in ₹9.90 crore.
The romantic film directed by Ayan Mukherji has been declared an all-time blockbuster. "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" was made on the production cost of ₹45 - ₹50 crore. The big budget film has already earned tripled the return of investment.
"#YJHD Week 4:- Fri 1.40 cr, Sat 2.10 cr, Sun 2.60 cr, Mon 97.8 lacs, Tue 98.6 lacs, Wed 93.5 lacs, Thu 91 lacs. Grand total: ₹186.99 crore," trade analyst Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"YJHD collected ₹9.90 cr nett in its Week 4. Grand total: ₹186.99 cr nett. ALL TIME BLOCKBUSTER."
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
On a disappointing note, the film failed to surpass the ₹200 core mark set by "3 Idiots" and "Ek Tha Tiger" at the domestic box office. Both the films are ruling the top two slots and until now, not even a single film has managed to break their records.
"YJHD" came pretty close, but new releases like "Raanjhanaa" caused a slowdown in its collections.
Still, the film managed to break some records at the domestic box office. "YJHD" became first film of the year to enter the the ₹200 crore club in terms of worldwide collections. It became the first film of the year to touch the ₹100 crore mark in just seven days.
The film which reunited Ranbir and Deepika on-screen for the first time after their break-up has also smashed the second weekend collections of "Ek Tha Tiger" and "Dabangg 2".
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Reliance Q4 Sales Rise, Refining Margin Narrows
- Milky Way to Be Explored w/ Au’s $13 Million Instrument
- ‘Suits’ Season 4 Spoilers: Who is Mike’s Donna in New Season?
- Australian Stock Market Report – Afternoon 4/16/14
- Infosys says Staff Exodus a worry after Q4 Profits Beat Estimates
- Will Australia Bow Down? China Wants Labour Importation Part of Free Trade Agreement
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Sales: Will it Break Galaxy S4 and S3 Records? Good Business Expected from Flagship Smartphone
- Sonia Gandhi in TV Appeal to Stop 'divisive' BJP
- Higher Food Costs Probably Pushed Inflation up in March
- BJP Heading for Majority in General Election: Opinion Poll