Rajinikanth-Deepika's 'Kochadaiyaan' Set for Diwali Release?
Actor Rajinikanth's "Kochadaiyaan" has been in the news ever since the film's shoot began last year.
Fans of the superstar are eagerly waiting to see their "thalaivar" (Leader) on screen for the last three years after the release of "Endhiran" ("Robot") in 2010.
Speculations about "Kochadaiyaan" release date have been doing the rounds for quite some time. Earlier, it was reported that the film might get released in August. However, latest buzz is that Rajinikanth wants "Kochadaiyaan" to be released for Diwali, as a festival treat for his fans.
But, there is no official confirmation on the release date as well as on the launch date of film's trailer.
The trailer was expected to get launched during the Cannes film festival last month in France. But, the release was delayed as the makers wanted to ensure that the trailer "was cut well and in the best format," a leading daily had earlier reported.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Recently, there were reports that the trailer might be launched on 9 June. However, "Kochadaiyaan" director Soundarya rubbished the reports and requested the fans to wait for an official announcement.
"Hey guys ... I connect with u directly. Any updates about movie I will give u. Pls don't believe rumours. Have a great day !," Soundarya tweeted on the microblogging site Twitter.
The film's crew is currently busy with the post-production work. Jointly produced by Eros International and Media One Global Entertainment, "Kochadaiyaan" has Deepika Padukone, Sarath Kumar, Shobana, Aadi Pinisetty, Nassar and Jackie Shroff in pivotal roles. Oscar winner A R Rahman is composing the songs.
"Kochadaiyaan" is claimed to be the first Indian film to use the state-of-art motion capturing techniques in 3D, similar in the lines of Hollywood films like "The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn" and James Cameron's "Avatar." Rajini will be appearing in a dual role - as a father and a son - in the period-drama flick.
The makers are reportedly planning to release the film in three Indian languages - Tamil, Hindi and Telugu - as well as in Japanese, French and Italian.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Lamar Odom and Khloe Kardashian Divorce Update: Khloe Knows Lamar Doesn’t Give a Damn About Divorce
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Season 5 Spoilers: Happy Gay Love Story and Passionate Kiss
- 'How I Met Your Mother' Season 9 Spoilers: Does Robin End up with Ted after Mother Dies?
- Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Alien Abduction Conspiracy Theory Goes Viral as no Solid Answers Emerge
- HTC One 2 Release Date: Latest Leaked Pictures Hint Display of Weather and Time on Cover; Google Play Edition Expected [VIDEO]
- Malaysian Flight MH370: ‘Ringing Phone’ Mystery Sends Social Media into Frenzy; No Ringtone Heard When Authorities Try to Call