Cannes 2013: Vidya Balan Goes Traditional for Film Festival [PHOTOS]
Actress Vidya Balan, known as the 'female hero' of Bollywood, has finally made her first appearance at the 66th Cannes Film Festival in French Riviera.
The actress was invited to join the Cannes Film Festival jury panel along with Nicole Kidman, Christophe Waltz, Japanese director Naomi Kawase, Scottish director Lynne Ramsay, French actor-director Daniel Auteuil and Romanian director Cristian Mungiu.
Vidya arrived at the Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez on Tuesday on the eve of the opening of the International film festival.
Ever since it was reported that Vidya is one of the jury members, there were speculations on what the actress will wear for the event. And like always, Vidya stuck to her Indian attire.
But for her first appearance in Cannes, Vidya chose to wear a lehenga Choli instead of a sari. She looked gorgeous in a dark brownish-red lehenga, high neck choli and black dupatta which was designed by her friend and favourite designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Earlier, the actress said that she would go ahead with her signature style and wear a sari for the international event.
"I see myself in a sari even when I am sleeping. So you will see me in a sari in Cannes," she told Press Trust of India earlier this month.
The 35-year-old actress will be staying at the Grand Hyatt Cannes Hotel Martinez for the festival which began on 15 May. Other Indian celebrities who will be seen at the event will be Aishwarya Rai, Amitabh Bachchan, Rajinikanth, Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Sonam Kapoor, Nandita Das, Sherlyn Chopra and others.
Check out the pictures here:
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Kannada Actor Diganth to Work in Yograj Bhat's Next
- After SRK, Big B and Sunny Leone, Ranbir Kapoor to Dance on Honey Singh’s Tune?
- Salman Khan Lauds Pulkit Samrat, Compares to Aamir Khan
- Great Grandson of Mahatma Gandhi Blames Rahul for Using Name of Father of the Nation for Electioneering
- Idea Launches Ultra II and Id 1000 3G Android Smartphones in India; Price And Specs Details
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Spy Shots Hit Web; Speculated Launch and Features Details