Nokia Lumia 625 with 4.7-inch WVGA Screen to Launch on 14 May: Report
Finnish smartphone maker Nokia is reportedly prepping a mid-range Windows Phone 8 smartphone called Lumia 625.
According to a Chinese website, Nokia Lumia 625 will pack a 4.7-inch display with 480x800 pixel resolution and will be powered by a Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon S4 chipset with dual-core processor. The device may make its global debut at an upcoming event on 14 May or at separate event in the coming months.
Nokia had sent out invites to media houses for the event in May but has remained discreet on what it is about. The invitation which read out "See What's Next" followed by "The Nokia Lumia story continues" points to the launch of new Lumia smartphones.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Speculations of the Lumia 625 smartphone in the making gained traction following a Financial Times report which said Nokia is working on a big screen device which is similar to the size of Galaxy Note series. If Lumia 625 is the aforementioned big screen phablet, then its WVGA display would come as a disappointment.
"Even the 820 has a WVGA display, so 720p was probably never really an option for the Nokia Lumia 625. If these specs are confirmed, the phone will be quite an odd device," wrote GSM Arena.
Nokia is expected to bring out a slew of new devices this year, including Lumia 920's successor Catwalk and the "EOS" PureView Lumia. According to earlier reports, Catwalk may come with an aluminium chassis, instead of the polycarbonate plastic case, and will be lighter and thinner. Other rumoured specifications include a 4.5-inch display, 1.5GHz dual-core processor, 16GB internal memory and 8.7-megapixel camera with LED flash.
Nokia's "EOS" PureView Lumia is another smartphone rumoured to be in the company's production pipeline. The phone is expected to come with an AMOLED 1280x720 pixel resolution display, Xenon flash and optical image stabilisation (OIS) for its camera, and a 2000mAh battery.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- iPhone 6 Concept Video Hits Online; Will It Look Like iPad Mini and iPad Air? [VIDEO]
- Smartphone - Your New Eye Doctor
- Intex Cloud Y4+ Android Smartphone with 3G Support Released in India; Price, Availability Details
- Nokia X Android Smartphone Officially Launched in India; Price, Availability Details
- LG G3: Rumored to be with water and dust-resistant exterior
- All-New HTC One and Goophone M8: HTC's Upcoming Flagship is Cloned
- Sony Xperia Z1 Compact: Top 8 Tricks to Master 20.7 MP Sony G Lens Camera
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Value Edition Launched; Specifications, Availability Details
- John Sculley, Apple Ex-CEO to Build Smartphone Firm in India
- Apple-Samsung Patent War Update: Apple's Request Denied, Samsung Products Not Banned, But Will Still Pay Over $900M Damages