‘Life of Pi’ Star Suraj Sharma Bags Lead Role in Disney’s ‘Million Dollar Arm’
Indian actor Suraj Sharma, following his successful debut in Oscar winning film "Life of Pi", has bagged his second Hollywood project in Disney's baseball drama "Million Dollar Arm", reported Hollywood Reporter.
Directed by Craig Gillespie of "Lars and the Real Girl" fame, the film also stars "Mad Men" actor Jon Hamm.
The film is based on the real life incident of Bernstein's search for Baseball players through the reality show "Million Dollar Arm".
Bernstein discovered pitchers Dinesh Patiel and Rinku Singh from amongst 40,000 cricket players in India. Both the pitchers went on to play in American League for Pittsburg Pirates.
Sharma will play the lead role as one of the pitchers in the Disney drama, while Hamm will be seen enacting the role of sports agent JB Bernstein.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The film will be produced under the collaboration of Mayhem Pictures and Roth Films. Thomas McCarthy (UP) will write the screenplay for the film.
The shooting will begin in Mumbai and Atlanta from May this year.
Sharma recently won the 'Best Scared As Sh* t Performance' in the MTV Awards for his role in the Ang Lee' directed "Life of Pi".
He was also honoured with the Best Youth in Film trophy at the Las Vegas Film Critics Society Awards held earlier this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Jason Momoa: Game of Thrones Star Eyed for Role in Batman-Superman Movie
- 'Fast and the Furious 7' to Resume Filming after Paul Walker's Death
- Miranda Kerr Finally Talks about her Split with Orlando Bloom: What Does She Think of Bloom Dating Liv Tyler? [See Photos]
- Australian Trenton Oldfield Escapes UK Deportation After Calling Australia a 'Racist Country'
- Box Office Collection: ‘Bullett Raja’ Sinks; ‘Ram-leela’ Still Dominates
- No 'Happy Hours' in Singapore's Little India After Riot
Paul Walker's Funeral: Fans and Car Enthusiasts Hold Memorial for 'Fast & Furious' Star; Family to Bid Farewell this Week
'R... Rajkumar' Box Office Collection: Shahid Starrer Beats Saif's 'Bullett Raja' Opening Weekend Figures, Earns ₹30.59 crore
'Dhoom 3': Will Aamir Starrer Shatter 'Krrish 3' Collections in Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu Box Office?