‘Life of Pi’ Star Suraj Sharma Bags Lead Role in Disney’s ‘Million Dollar Arm’
Indian actor Suraj Sharma, following his successful debut in Oscar winning film "Life of Pi", has bagged his second Hollywood project in Disney's baseball drama "Million Dollar Arm", reported Hollywood Reporter.
Directed by Craig Gillespie of "Lars and the Real Girl" fame, the film also stars "Mad Men" actor Jon Hamm.
The film is based on the real life incident of Bernstein's search for Baseball players through the reality show "Million Dollar Arm".
Bernstein discovered pitchers Dinesh Patiel and Rinku Singh from amongst 40,000 cricket players in India. Both the pitchers went on to play in American League for Pittsburg Pirates.
Sharma will play the lead role as one of the pitchers in the Disney drama, while Hamm will be seen enacting the role of sports agent JB Bernstein.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The film will be produced under the collaboration of Mayhem Pictures and Roth Films. Thomas McCarthy (UP) will write the screenplay for the film.
The shooting will begin in Mumbai and Atlanta from May this year.
Sharma recently won the 'Best Scared As Sh* t Performance' in the MTV Awards for his role in the Ang Lee' directed "Life of Pi".
He was also honoured with the Best Youth in Film trophy at the Las Vegas Film Critics Society Awards held earlier this year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Lamar Odom Thinks Khloe Kardashian is Flirting with The Game to Take Revenge?
- Drake And Rihanna Have a Romantic Date Amidst Cheating Rumors
- Box Office Collection: ‘300: Rise of an Empire’ Dominates Over Hindi Releases; ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ Falls
- Salman Khan Lauds Pulkit Samrat, Compares to Aamir Khan
- Domestic Car Sales up 1.39 Percent in February