‘Nautanki Saala’ Box Office Collection: Ayushmann Starrer Earns ₹ 3.25 Crore on Day 1
Rohan Sippy's directorial film, "Nautanki Saala", which was released on Friday, made a business of approximately ₹3.25 crore in its opening day in India. The film had a decent start at the domestic box office.
The morning shows were dull with the occupancy as low as 15 percent at many places, but the film picked up in the evening.
The film starring Ayushmann Khurrana and Kunaal Roy Kapur in the lead roles has performed better at multiplexes in metros as compared to single screens.
"#NautankiSaala Fri ₹3.25 cr. Picked up at plexes of urban centres," trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"At plexes, #NautankiSaala is leading... In single screens/mass belt, #Commando has taken the lead!"
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The film had an average business in single screens at major circuits because of the release of Vidyut Jamwal's action thriller, "Commando - A One Man Army". "Commando" dominated at single screens while "Nautanki Saala" at multiplexes. The ongoing Indian Premiere League (IPL 6) has also affected the business of the film badly.
The collections were better in North Indian circuits like Delhi, UP and Punjab than the western and eastern circuits.
The film will have to rake in good amount of money in its first week to survive at the box office. It is expected to make good collection at key markets like Mumbai city, Delhi city, East Punjab and Bangalore.
The film had a wide release across India and received mixed reviews from critics upon its release. It is about the bonding and friendship of two friends - Ram Parmar (played by Ayushmann) and Mandar Lele (played by Kunaal). it also features Pooja Salvi and Evelyn Sharma in the lead roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- India Set to Challenge U.S. for Election-spending Record
- Top High-End Tablet PCs Available in the Indian Market
- Rajinikanth's 'Kochadaiiyaan' Trailer, Audio Released
- Lok Sabha Election 2014: Congress Releases First List of 194 Candidates
- 1st T20 Where to Watch Live: South Africa vs Australia Live Streaming Information
- Satyamev Jayate 2: Aamir Khan Questions the State of Police System in the Country
- 1st T20 Where to Watch Live: West Indies vs England Live Streaming Information
- Box Office: 'Queen', 'Gulaab Gang' and 'Total Siyapaa' Day 1 Collections
- Nokia X Android Smartphone to Launch in India on 10 March: Report
- Pakistan in Good Shape for World T20 Despite Asia Cup Final Loss, Says Misbah