‘Nautanki Saala’ Box Office Collection: Ayushmann Starrer Earns ₹ 3.25 Crore on Day 1
Rohan Sippy's directorial film, "Nautanki Saala", which was released on Friday, made a business of approximately ₹3.25 crore in its opening day in India. The film had a decent start at the domestic box office.
The morning shows were dull with the occupancy as low as 15 percent at many places, but the film picked up in the evening.
The film starring Ayushmann Khurrana and Kunaal Roy Kapur in the lead roles has performed better at multiplexes in metros as compared to single screens.
"#NautankiSaala Fri ₹3.25 cr. Picked up at plexes of urban centres," trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted.
"At plexes, #NautankiSaala is leading... In single screens/mass belt, #Commando has taken the lead!"
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The film had an average business in single screens at major circuits because of the release of Vidyut Jamwal's action thriller, "Commando - A One Man Army". "Commando" dominated at single screens while "Nautanki Saala" at multiplexes. The ongoing Indian Premiere League (IPL 6) has also affected the business of the film badly.
The collections were better in North Indian circuits like Delhi, UP and Punjab than the western and eastern circuits.
The film will have to rake in good amount of money in its first week to survive at the box office. It is expected to make good collection at key markets like Mumbai city, Delhi city, East Punjab and Bangalore.
The film had a wide release across India and received mixed reviews from critics upon its release. It is about the bonding and friendship of two friends - Ram Parmar (played by Ayushmann) and Mandar Lele (played by Kunaal). it also features Pooja Salvi and Evelyn Sharma in the lead roles.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Nelson Mandela: The ‘Gandhi’ of South Africa, Why India Loves Him
- Hockey Junior World Cup Men 2013 Preview: India vs Netherlands Where to Watch Live
- Nelson Mandela Dead: India Mourns Death of Anti-Apartheid Revolutionary; Latest Reactions [PHOTOS]
- FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw Live Streaming Information: Where to Watch Live Epic Event in Brazil
- WTO Close to Elusive World Trade Deal, say Officials
- South Africa vs India 1st ODI: MS Dhoni Blames Bowlers After Woeful Start to Tour
- Southern Cross Austereo Aired Royal Prank Call Without Alteration Despite Objection of DJ Mel Grieg
- India to Host 2017 U-17 FIFA World Cup
- India vs South Africa 1st ODI Results: Unplayable Steyn, De Kock Give SA Crushing Win
- Miss Earth 2013: Miss India Sobhita Dhulipala Strong Contender to Win Title?
‘Krrish 3’ Box Office Collection: Has Hrithik Starrer Really Shattered ‘Chennai Express’ Record in India?
‘Ram-leela’ Box Office Collection: Ranveer-Deepika Starrer Becomes 4th Highest Grossing Film in India