‘Himmatwala’ Box Office Collection: Ajay Devgn Starrer an Epic Disaster Overseas
Ajay Devgn's action comedy film "Himmatwala" has been declared an epic disaster at the overseas box office.
Sajid Khan's directorial film crashed in just 10 days of its release worldwide.
According to trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh, the film is a bigger disaster than Akshay Kumar's "Joker" at the US box office.
"In USA, #Himmatwala is a bigger disaster than #Joker. Weekend 2 #Himmatwala fell 88.3%, while Weekend 2 #Joker fell 83.2%," Adarsh said.
"#Himmatwala may have sunk faster than Titanic everywhere, but it's a smash Hit in Fiji. Even #Joker, a debacle everywhere, is a Hit in Fiji."
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The film even bombed at the Indian box office but did well in the FIJI market. Even "Joker" which was declared a flop was a hit in FIJI.
"Himmatwala" in its second weekend collected ₹12.11 lakh (£ 14,568) in the UK from 82 screens, ₹12.59 lakh ($ 23,124) in the US from 61 screens, ₹2.71 lakh (NZ$ 5,865) from nine screens in New Zealand and ₹4.3 lakh (A$ 7,642) from 16 screens in Australia.
The much hyped film was expected to be the first blockbuster film of the year and was also anticipated tp be Ajay's biggest hit.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Congress Breaks Losing Streak; Wins Mizoram
- Samsung Confirms Android 4.3 Roll-out Resumes for Galaxy S3 in UK
- India: Common Man's Party Ushers in Broomstick Revolution
- Australian Army 'Fear Management' Exercise so Tough it Caused Mental Illness
- 130 Million-Year-Old Sea Monster Discovered by Colombian Palaeontologists [VIDEO]
- Vast Freshwater Reserves Discovered Beneath Ocean Holds Promise for Reducing Drought Impacts
Paul Walker's Funeral: Fans and Car Enthusiasts Hold Memorial for 'Fast & Furious' Star; Family to Bid Farewell this Week
'Dhoom 3': Will Aamir Starrer Shatter 'Krrish 3' Collections in Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu Box Office?