'Baadshah' Box Office Collection: Jr NTR Starrer Beats 'SVSC' at Overseas; Earns ₹1.29 Crore on Day 1
Telugu actor Jr NTR's most-anticipated movie, "Baadshah" has opened to a rousing response both at the domestic and overseas box offices, despite IPL taking a large viewership
The film, which was released on Friday (6 April) in record number of theatres in the U.S, has not only received positive reviews from film critics, but also did well at the box office on the opening day.
It has generated lot of expectations among Jr NTR fans worldwide, as he has teamed up with Sreenu Vaitla, whose last film, "Dookudu" with Mahesh Babu, was a big hit.
Working with a successful commercial director like Sreenu is working wonders for Jr NTR. "Baadshah" has made a fantastic opening in the U.S. According to trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh, the film has fetched more than one crore on the first day of its release in the U.S.
"Telugu film #Baadshah starts with a big bang in USA. Collects $ 234,686 [Rs 1.29 cr] from 76 locations on Thursday. SUPERB!" Taran Adarsh tweeted.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"Baadshah" has joined the list of top 10 grossers of the day in the U.S. The film's first day collections have also smashed the record of Mahesh Babu's "Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu" (SVSC), which had collected $205,347 on its opening day. It is expected to do well at the box office in the coming weeks, as there is no big Telugu film lined up for release until Nagarjuna's "Greeku Veerudu" comes out on 19 April.
The movie is about a young man who swears to take revenge for the death of his foster brother in a bomb blast. Jr NTR appears as Baadshah who is the son of a trusted aide of the mafia kingpin Sadhu Bhai (Kelly Dorjee). [Click here to read the complete review]
The movie has all the ingredients of a commercial flick - punch dialogues, comedy, high-octane stunts and entertaining song sequences shot in exotic locations.
Kajal Aggarwal plays the female lead. The rest of the film's cast includes M.S. Narayana, Brahmanandam, Siddharth, Navadeep, Nasser, Suhasini, Chandra Mohan, Vennela Kishore, Tanikella Bharani and Satya Kishnan. S. Thaman composed the music and actor Mahesh Babu provided voice over to introduce the characters.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Asia FX Carry Trade Returns but Hostage to Volatility
- Retail Inflation at Record High of 11.24%
- Woman Raped as Her Father Could Not Afford Motorcycle for Son-in-law
- Christmas 2013: Consumer Complaints Prompts Manitoba Dollar Store to Pull Out Candy Gag Gift in Tablet Form That Claims to Cure Homosexuality
- Ashes 3rd Test Preview: Australia vs England Live Streaming Information
- Tata to Perk up New Year with ‘Nano Twist’; Cheapest Car to Hit Market with Power Steering
- 'Gay For a Day' Facebook Movement Goes Viral: India Protests Against Gay Sex Ban
- ‘R… Rajkumar’ Box Office Collection: Shahid-Sonakshi Starrer Crosses ₹50 Crore Mark
- Top 5 'Unexpected' Newsmakers of 2013
- GM's Mary Barra Profile: First Female General Motors CEO Appointment