Honda Confirms Amaze Launch; Bookings Open
Japanese car manufacturer Honda has confirmed the release of its much anticipated Amaze sedan through a launch countdown timer on its official website.
Honda Amaze is the company's first diesel offering to India. The company on Monday announced that the Amaze would make its debut on 11 th April. The company website confirmed that bookings for the vehicle are open.
Honda's sub-four metre car will come with a 1.5-litre DTEC engine which generates a power of 100PS and 200Nm of torque. The car is expected to give a fuel efficiency of 25.8 kmpl, making it the most fuel efficient diesel car in the Indian market.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The petrol variant of Amaze will be powered by a 1.2-litre which produces 88PS and 109Nm of torque. Amaze will be an entry-level sedan from Honda and will be based on the Brio platform which was a success in India's small car segment. The new model will be pitted against Maruti Suzuki's Swift and DZire models. Honda hopes for the same success with Amaze.
The company is yet to reveal the features of Amaze. The vehicle is speculated to feature dual airbags, ABS with EBD, eight spoke 14-inch alloy wheels, height adjustable driver's seat, rear defogger, ORVMs with turn indicators and rear seat arm rest with cup holders. It is expected to fall in the ₹5-₹7.5 lakh price bracket.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- From Ford EcoSport to Honda City: Best Car Launches of 2013
- Honda Cuts Down Amaze’s Waiting Period in India: Report
- Mercedes-Benz Drives SLK-55 AMG to India; Priced at ₹1.26 Crore
- Sahara Left Seething After BCCI Ignores Bigger Bid and Awards Sponsorship Rights to Star
- Nokia Offers $369 Million Deposit to Unfreeze Indian Assets
- BJP Aims to Ride Momentum for 2014 after Big State Wins