Honda Confirms Amaze Launch; Bookings Open
Japanese car manufacturer Honda has confirmed the release of its much anticipated Amaze sedan through a launch countdown timer on its official website.
Honda Amaze is the company's first diesel offering to India. The company on Monday announced that the Amaze would make its debut on 11 th April. The company website confirmed that bookings for the vehicle are open.
Honda's sub-four metre car will come with a 1.5-litre DTEC engine which generates a power of 100PS and 200Nm of torque. The car is expected to give a fuel efficiency of 25.8 kmpl, making it the most fuel efficient diesel car in the Indian market.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The petrol variant of Amaze will be powered by a 1.2-litre which produces 88PS and 109Nm of torque. Amaze will be an entry-level sedan from Honda and will be based on the Brio platform which was a success in India's small car segment. The new model will be pitted against Maruti Suzuki's Swift and DZire models. Honda hopes for the same success with Amaze.
The company is yet to reveal the features of Amaze. The vehicle is speculated to feature dual airbags, ABS with EBD, eight spoke 14-inch alloy wheels, height adjustable driver's seat, rear defogger, ORVMs with turn indicators and rear seat arm rest with cup holders. It is expected to fall in the ₹5-₹7.5 lakh price bracket.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Tata Launches Aria Facelift in India; Price, Features and Booking Details
- Honda Activa 125 Official Brochures Leak Online; Price and Features Details
- Bajaj Discover 125 Launched in India; Price, Features Details
- Great Grandson of Mahatma Gandhi Blames Rahul for Using Name of Father of the Nation for Electioneering
- Idea Launches Ultra II and Id 1000 3G Android Smartphones in India; Price And Specs Details
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Spy Shots Hit Web; Speculated Launch and Features Details