Box Office Collection: 'Race 2' Beats New Release 'Murder 3'; 'Special 26' Still Reigns
Saif Ali Khan starrer "Race 2" is still riding high on success at the Indian and overseas box offices. The action thriller ruled the ticket collection window in its first and second week of release, but its business dwindled in the third week.
In India, the film earned approximately ₹3.50 crore in the third week, taking the total domestic collection to ₹103.6 crore.
The film, a sequel to 2008 film "Race", was released across 3200 screens in India. The second installment film is also directed by Abbas-Mustan. Saif and Anil Kapoor are the only actors who featured in the prequel.
In the International market, the film continued to run at limited screens in its fourth weekend. It minted ₹19.06 lakh (£ 22,735) from 12 screens in the UK, ₹2.92 lakh ($ 5,394) from six screens in the US and ₹48,988 (A$ 875) from 13 screens in Australia, according to trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The collections were affected mainly due to new releases which reduced the screen count of the film. Akshay Kumar's "Special 26" is currently dominating the box office.
This week's release "Murder 3", which stars Randeep Hooda, opened to a poor response and was not released in Australia and New Zealand. The film had a decent opening weekend in the UAE and Pakistan, but had a low audience count in other markets.
The film minted ₹16.29 lakh from the UK, ₹6.67 lakh from the US, ₹53.11 lakh from Pakistan, ₹55.89 lakh from the UAE and ₹5.85 lakh from Fiji. The first opening weekend collection of the film amounted to ₹1.37 crore.
The Vishesh Bhatt-directed film, which also stars Aditi Rao Hydari and Sara Loren, is the third installment in the "Murder" franchise.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Ashes 2013: Mitchell Johnson's Seven-Wicket Haul Piles Pressure on England
- FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw: Brazil Kickoff Against Croatia, European Heavyweights Drawn in Difficult Groups
- Ashes 2nd Test, Day 2 Overview: Australia vs England Day 3 Live Streaming Information
- Hockey Junior World Cup Men 2013 Preview: India vs Netherlands Where to Watch Live
- Article 370: Election Opens an Indian Political Sore That Refuses to Heal
- ODI Series 2013 Match 1 Preview: India vs South Africa Live Streaming Information