Nielsen Boosts TCS Contract to $2.5 Billion
February 12, 2013 9:18 AM IST
Nielsen Holdings NV, best known for its TV ratings, increased the size of its contract with India's top software services exporter,Tata Consultancy Services Ltd, to $2.5 billion from $1 billion.
The expanded contract, among TCS's largest, comes at a time when there are expectations that India's $100 billion IT services sector may be turning a corner helped by acceleration in IT spending by existing customers and addition of clients.
Nielsen also extended the contract by three years to 2020, and said it would buy at least $100 million in services annually from TCS, according to a regulatory filing.
The number of clients contributing $100 million or more to annual revenue rose to 16 from 14, TCS said in January.
Under the 10-year contract signed in 2007, TCS provided IT and business services to Nielsen.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
TCS already has a multi-year outsourcing contract worth $2.5 billion with Citigroup Inc and a $2.2 billion contract with UK-based Friends Life.
TCS shares closed at 1,414.70 rupees on Monday on India's National Stock Exchange.
Nielsen, which has a market value of $11.9 billion, closed at $32.67 on the New York Stock Exchange.
- One Third of Britons Suffer from Friggatriskaidekaphobia - The Fear of Friday the 13th
- 5 Safer Ways To Buy AAPL Stock
- M-Retail: UK Consumers’ Mobile Retail Spending to Double Over Christmas 2013
- Gulf Airlines Splash out over $150 Billion as Boeing Launches New Jet
- Siemens' Stock Price Jumps on €4bn Share Buy-Back Announcement
- Twitter Set for Volatile Debut
Bankers and Hedge Fund Managers: 82% Believe FCA Fails to Balance Investor Protection and Growth Promotion