Bharti Airtel to Appoint Manoj Kohli as Managing Director
January 30, 2013 1:00 PM IST
Bharti Airtel said its board will consider on Friday appointing Manoj Kohli as the company's managing director, extending a management restructuring exercise aimed at reviving growth at the world's No. 4 cellular carrier by customers.
Kohli, a company veteran, currently heads Bharti Airtel's international operations as its chief executive officer and is also a joint managing director of the company. He is currently based in Nairobi, the headquarters of Bharti Airtel's African operations.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Bharti's founder billionaire Sunil Mittal, who is currently its chairman and managing director, will become executive chairman of the company, after Kohli moves to his new role.
Gopal Vittal, who is set to take over as the chief executive of Bharti Airtel's key domestic operations in March, is to be named as an additional director and joint managing director, the company said in a stock exchange filing on Wednesday.
- Safaricom, Bharti get Conditional Approval to Buy Kenyan Rival
- Airtel Launches Pocket TV App for Android; iOS App Coming Soon: Where to Download
- Airtel to Introduce Nokia X Android Smartphone in 17 African Countries
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update for HTC Droid DNA Confirmed: Sense 5.5 Upgrade Also Available
- Android v4.4.2 KitKat Update Slated for Samsung Galaxy Note 2, S3 Variants Leaked; Firmware Tipped to Roll Out in May
- Video of a Man Kicked in the Head Goes Viral; Now with More than 24 Million Views [WATCH VIDEO]