Bharti Airtel to Appoint Manoj Kohli as Managing Director
January 30, 2013 1:00 PM IST
Bharti Airtel said its board will consider on Friday appointing Manoj Kohli as the company's managing director, extending a management restructuring exercise aimed at reviving growth at the world's No. 4 cellular carrier by customers.
Kohli, a company veteran, currently heads Bharti Airtel's international operations as its chief executive officer and is also a joint managing director of the company. He is currently based in Nairobi, the headquarters of Bharti Airtel's African operations.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Bharti's founder billionaire Sunil Mittal, who is currently its chairman and managing director, will become executive chairman of the company, after Kohli moves to his new role.
Gopal Vittal, who is set to take over as the chief executive of Bharti Airtel's key domestic operations in March, is to be named as an additional director and joint managing director, the company said in a stock exchange filing on Wednesday.
- Twitter to be Available on Mobile Phones without Internet
- Panel Backs Cheaper Telecom Spectrum Price
- Markets this Week: Sensex Loses 2.7%, SBI Falls 7.5%
- SEBI Cracks Down on New Funds, Asset Managers Chafe
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Watch and Win a Trip To New York, See How [SEE PHOTOS]
- Hedge Funds Squeezed by Rising Costs and Falling Management Fees